Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Arrgh! Thiefs!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrgh! Thiefs!

People keep walking away with my plants, and I need to figure out how to keep that from happening. The only option I can think of at this point is to put a security kit on each pot. It's going to be expensive, and look bad, but I can't keep having plants walk away, nor can I place them anywhere else.

Catching the people won't help either, I have to many random people coming and going out of the building that there will be a new one ever 2 days.

Anyone ever have to setup a public outdoor display that dealt with this issue before?
    My Grow List

"It is only by studying nature that can we ever hope to defeat it."

Dead to Mosqueeto's ALL OF THEM! DJ.Zany-NL-'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1st way:
    catch a few people and hold them somewhere with the cop's for like an hour or so just make them stay there very long so other people see that it's not easy to just pick one up and go, try this and i'll think it'll decrease the number of theft's

2nd way:
    try putting Chicken wire around you're plant's or put them in a container or a small box where the base is stuck but the plant's hang outside the chickenwire

security system is expensive indeed.
    but if i am to reply an answer like i always do!
    mutate a plant to let it walk and eat any thief!!!

i recommend asking the police to patrol a bit more often near you're shop (don't know if it's in the centre of town or not)

hope these help
    Victory is mine!
    i like to grow plant's and i like to smoke plant's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dang, that sucks... what did they take? I know a grower who has like 3 infrared cameras recording his property because of unscrupulous jerks. Of course, if you don't know who the people are, recording them might not help too much, but it would let you remotely monitor your stuff.

Daniel
    - Daniel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    chicken wire with poison ivy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Realistically you could do a web cam(a few) setup then stream it to your computer(you'll need alota HD space).
    Then have signs saying this is monitored 24/7 with night vision(us some IR leds or a nigh vision camera like $40). You could take the pots place them on tables charge the tables by placing the pots on tin foil use an electric fence charger then use the moist ground as your chargers ground. I dunno if it would work legally and realistically but there would be tons of angry shocked people. You could do screen boxes it wouldn't physically prevent them but is a deterant.

Is ready to take this hobby to a whole new level DavyJones's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have some flat roof space?

Stolen stuff sucks. It is no fun being a victim, I know, trust me.
    "We are in a sense the Universe trying to understand itself. By Observing it we are observing what we are." - Phillip Plait

Growlist: Updated 1/11/12 http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=110846

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and you live in Illinois and they have that law that you can't attack ("in self defense") someone until they come in your house, so they are free to roam around on your property, sorry.

When you start growing plants on your roof the thieves have won, you are letting them those lowlife thieves dictate where you are going to grow your plants. I say get a camera or an electric fence.
    Or a dummy camera and post signs that say this property is monitored by (company with a number that you can call anytime, day or night)
    And post fliers saying plants stolen in unique tiki pot the people growing the stolen plants will never be able to provide full sun without getting caught. That is unless they switch pots but I bet they stole the pot and the plants came with it.
    Last edited by xvart; 05-25-2008 at 11:10 PM. Reason: sensitivity.
    view my growlist
    http://grwlist.notlong.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mark all the pots and do dummy cams for sure.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast