Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Gas Station Pic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes I think you're living in a parallel universe (or at least under a rock). I'm so conservative (fiscally) I don't think there's even a word for it, and usually tend to side with Republicans, but they're messing up, bad. It's no secret Republicans and oil interests go way back...unless you don't know anything about American history...then it might be a secret. Look up "teapot dome affair", and here:
    http://gristmill.grist.org/story/2007/12/13/9118/3379
    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/22/wa...=1&oref=slogin
    http://www.democrats.org/a/2005/11/senate_republic.php (some statements semi-questionable I suppose)
    http://www.postbulletin.com/newsmana...?z=12&a=343889
    etc, etc, etc

So, if we end up debating, I challenge you to do so without using ad hominem (your fave!), strawman, argumentum ad ignorantium, or the other logical fallacies you unequivocally employ. I'm not trying to attack, but if we debate I'd like it to be worth my time this time around. Also if that happens, please actually provide some evidence of your claims for once, besides, "because I say so". Otherwise, let's just forget about it .
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we want to increase our oil supply why dont we first off put the screws to the Saudi's as the US supplies them with inordinate amounts of weapons and they have the ability to pump more oil, but I am sure king Abdullah needs a new golden plated bathroom so they wont pump any more.

If we want to drill in Alaska thats fine but we need to take the approach that was used in Paupa New Guinea where if there is any noticeable impact on the wild flora and fauna the drilling stops immediately. The natives in the area still depend on the wild resources for their lives and they have found little to no impact from the drilling there proving it can be done without a disregard for the environment. If the oil companies will drill with that kind of care and that type of attitude then I am all for drilling in Alaska, but if they will not then I think it should stay what it is, a nature preserve.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "If the oil companies will drill with that kind of care and that type of attitude ..."

Could you keep a straight face while typing that? Maybe I'm biased by the well-documented environmental outrages by hard rock mining corporations in PNG, but I have a hard time believing drilling stops immediately at the first sign of an impact on the environment. It would be impossible not to have an impact, because drilling and oil production is an inherently messy process.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And, I seriously doubt an American company would stop what they are doing at anytime, despite whatever was said beforehand.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's like people forget the fact that they're a bunch of religious fanatics. Seriously dude. And no, I don't mean like terrorists, I mean they're complete nut jobs who have Shariah law. But of course, as long as they have the oil, we will be their lapdogs.

We were their good buddies when Saddam was in power and they were afraid of him, but now they have nothing to be afraid of. As bad as Saddam was, Irag and America were better off with him in power. the fact that we went to war with Iraq is so stupid. Imagine being in a room full of people, and the guy next to you punches you in the fact, then you give him a little slap on the wrist, run across the room to another dude who doesn't know what's going on, and beat the crap out of him until he's barely recognizable. That's pretty much what we did. And do you know why? It's because Saddam tried to kill his father.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know if America was better off with him in power. He did harbor terrorists, and even had a known terrorist operating as a wing of the Iraqi army. The notion that "there were no terrorists when Saddam was in power" is completely and utterly false.
    Plus, right before we invaded, he started selling oil only in Euros, so our economy probably would be worse off too. I'm not saying this is a justification, just something to take notice of.
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There may have been, but they aren't the ones who flew into the WTC.

The American dollar is so weak it's embarrassing.

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imagine being in a room full of people, and the guy next to you punches you in the fact, then you give him a little slap on the wrist, run across the room to another dude who doesn't know what's going on, and beat the crap out of him until he's barely recognizable. That's pretty much what we did. And do you know why? It's because Saddam tried to kill his father.
    I have been saying this for years. In fact I said it in 1999, before the supreme court appointed him as president. I told my wife if he's elected he would take out Saddam just to finish what his Dad was accused of failing at. Then when Saddam put the hit on bush sr. it was pretty much game on and nothing was going to stop the idiot from invading Iraq. He used the blood of the people that was killed in 9/11 for his own purposes.
    The truth is starting to come out. Look at the new book his former press secretary just published. He pretty much said what I said he would do even before he did it. After the murder is out of office I think more of his staff will turn on him.

. He did harbor terrorists, and even had a known terrorist operating as a wing of the Iraqi army. The notion that "there were no terrorists when Saddam was in power" is completely and utterly false.
    I'm sorry but you are completely wrong. There was no al qaeda in Iraq until the US invaded. Saddam and Bin Laden were bitter enemies. The only terrorist in Iraq were Saddam and his army.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast