What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LFS / Sedge Grass / D. intermedia

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
A couple years ago a hobbyist sent me live LFS and within the clump were what I believe to have been D. intermedia. Hold that thought.

I buy the dried LFS is bags and there is always what has been described as sedge grass that germinates, long before any sundew seeds I have sown. But I never see any stray sundews pop up from among the LFS. Has anyone gotten stray sundews from the dried material?

Once, I got what I think was D. rotundifolia to pop up in dried LFS, but it was quickly overtaken by the sphagnum which started growing again at the same time.

Usually, I just get sedge grass, clovers, or (if it's shady enough) ferns.

i just got clovers...

And they're so easy to germinate... unlike sundews!

No drosera im my LFSM, but I can identify at least 6 differnt types of weeds. the latest being what I call a walking reed(reeds are round: sedges have edges)Every place it puts down on the soil a new plant appears.
I guess most people don't allow the grass/weeds to grow big enough to know what they look like when larger
Lois

Last edited:
Back