Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: near as i can figure he must be a freaking idiot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Capslock View Post
    McCain is anti-choice,
    Are you anti-capital punishment? If so why is it OK to kill an innocent life but not OK to kill a monster who murders or commits hideous acts?

pro-war,
    Shouldn't all options be on the table?

for immunity for the telecos that illegally spied on us,
    Yes because bankrupting the telecos for helping out the government in a time of desperation is the appropriate thing to do. Tell me did you make outgoing calls to known terrorist regions? Tell me has your privacy or anyone you know been effected?

anti gay marriage,
    We've had this debate already .

and panders to the religious right!
    As do the majority of this democratic country that was founded on the basis that there is a God.

Even if just to get us out of the stupid, illegal Iraq war, I'm voting Obama.

Capslock
    How is this war illegal compared to previous wars that we have engaged in that didn't result from someone attacking us first?
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes because bankrupting the telecos for helping out the government in a time of desperation is the appropriate thing to do. Tell me did you make outgoing calls to known terrorist regions? Tell me has your privacy or anyone you know been effected?
    And if you've got nothing to hide, you've got nothing to worry about!
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As do the majority of this democratic country that was founded on the basis that there is a God.
    And you have citizenship? Appalling. The founding fathers were above all, secularists, and even some of them were atheists (Jefferson, for one, IIRC).
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because while it's alive, it's only alive in the same sense that a tumor is alive. A tumor is a growth of cells, which are alive, and it is not sentient. It is alive, but does not possess "life". Even a totally benign tumor, shaped like a smiley face. And it's not so much as "killing a fetus" as much as it is "refusing to carry the fetus". If you could keep it alive in a jar, I seriously doubt women would care what you did with it as long as it did not affect them any more than having an abortion in which the fetus was terminated would. Personally, I could NEVER have an abortion if I was a woman, and I could never perform one as a doctor. It has nothing to do with religion, not even a tiny bit, but it would be my personal choice. It would be an emotional, not scientific or ethical, issue for me. It would be because not of what it was, but what it could have become. Because it would have been nothing with no reason to care for it at all more than a benign tumor, but the thought of what it could have become would make me feel unable to have an abortion. At the same time, If a woman told me she had an abortion, it would be no different than saying she had a lipoma or a wisdom tooth removed. It wouldn't be an issue, it wouldn't be uncomfortable, and it wouldn't affect my opinion of her negatively. If anything, it would make me think better of her for not cranking out another unwanted kid in this world. The idea of people who oppose stem cell research just confuses the hell out of me. OK, OK, even if you don't agree with abortion and think women would be better off trying it themselves or with unqualified "doctors", the fact of the matter is that it IS legal now, so we may as well recycle the stem cells instead of throwing them away. That's just wasteful.

We need more sex education. Free condoms and birth control. We need to do away with the archaic notion of abstinence only education, because no one cares about it unless you go to a private Christian school. We ignore the religious lady who tells us to wait until we marry (of course they neglect the gay student's...) and we pass notes and text each other about hooking up. It's really a very ironic thing, and the people who think anyone cares or takes it seriously are the real joke.

The majority do not pander to the religious right. It's not that simple. If it was we'd always have conservative officials. The majority of people are Christians. That's nice and all, but the majority of Christians are secular, and there are just as many liberal Christians as there are conservative. I guess we just aren't so inflammatory and shove things down people's throat so we aren't noticed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    (Stands back and reads these interesting discussions/debates)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ClintParsons View Post
    Because while it's alive, it's only alive in the same sense that a tumor is alive. A tumor is a growth of cells, which are alive, and it is not sentient. It is alive, but does not possess "life". Even a totally benign tumor, shaped like a smiley face. And it's not so much as "killing a fetus" as much as it is "refusing to carry the fetus". If you could keep it alive in a jar, I seriously doubt women would care what you did with it as long as it did not affect them any more than having an abortion in which the fetus was terminated would. Personally, I could NEVER have an abortion if I was a woman, and I could never perform one as a doctor. It has nothing to do with religion, not even a tiny bit, but it would be my personal choice. It would be an emotional, not scientific or ethical, issue for me. It would be because not of what it was, but what it could have become. Because it would have been nothing with no reason to care for it at all more than a benign tumor, but the thought of what it could have become would make me feel unable to have an abortion. At the same time, If a woman told me she had an abortion, it would be no different than saying she had a lipoma or a wisdom tooth removed. It wouldn't be an issue, it wouldn't be uncomfortable, and it wouldn't affect my opinion of her negatively. If anything, it would make me think better of her for not cranking out another unwanted kid in this world.
    Well that's your opinion JLAP. It is my opinion that once those two cells combine, there is more than cells there. To say that everything before the birth of the baby is not life is just flawed. Just because it isn't pissing and screaming outside of the womb doesn't mean it isn't a life. I have never heard of a tumor or wisdom tooth turning into a human life. It is a fact that a fertilized egg produces a human life.

The idea of people who oppose stem cell research just confuses the hell out of me. OK, OK, even if you don't agree with abortion and think women would be better off trying it themselves or with unqualified "doctors", the fact of the matter is that it IS legal now, so we may as well recycle the stem cells instead of throwing them away. That's just wasteful.
    Embryonic stem cells are no longer needed, there is a better method out now.

We need more sex education. Free condoms and birth control. We need to do away with the archaic notion of abstinence only education, because no one cares about it unless you go to a private Christian school. We ignore the religious lady who tells us to wait until we marry (of course they neglect the gay student's...) and we pass notes and text each other about hooking up. It's really a very ironic thing, and the people who think anyone cares or takes it seriously are the real joke.
    The problem is you can't preach both abstinence and condoms. That's like telling someone who's on a diet that they should avoid junk food but if they were to choose a junk food eat some deep fried twinkies. Lastly I think the major failure here is at the hands of the parents who fail to educate their own children and instead let the public school system do it for them.

If you want to continue to break down the traditional family and create more households that are headed by women who have multiple children and no father to be found then by all means lets keep shoving the condom agenda down our next generations throats.

The majority do not pander to the religious right. It's not that simple. If it was we'd always have conservative officials. The majority of people are Christians. That's nice and all, but the majority of Christians are secular, and there are just as many liberal Christians as there are conservative. I guess we just aren't so inflammatory and shove things down people's throat so we aren't noticed.
    A Christian doesn't have to necessary vote down a particular party lines. Both parties aren't static in their platforms either. So the notion that we'd always have conservative officials is wrong. The majority of Christians being secular is an oxymoron. You're either a Christian or a secular. You can't serve two masters. The notion of shoving things down people's throats is really a perspective issue. Half the time the people claiming to be victim to this are doing their own throat shoving.
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, you said 'I have never heard of a tumor or wisdom tooth turning into a human life" which would imply that you're saying the fetus isn't a human life but will become one... so you're giving me conflicting information.

I'm not so sure it's better That's very debatable. And you can preach abstinence (though you shouldn't) AND safer sex. You can say "Wait until marriage, but IF you don't, here's how to use a birth control.". I do believe the parents should do it, but parents just don't care or would rather get around an awkward discussion my letting the school do it.

You lost me. A single mother with multiple kids... how does that stem from condom use? I'm not shoving condoms down their throats (oh my) any more than you're shoving abstinence down their throats. The difference is they're a LOT more likely to sleep around, so they should know about birth control rather than NOT know about it because they've been told to uphold archaic (Really. Few people "save themselves" until marriage. Really.) notion that sex before marriage is bad. Yeah, it probably is way more meaningful if you wait until your married, and definitely safer, but today that's really seen as lame, and young people don't do it. They just don't as a large majority.

No, it's not an oxymoron. I can believe in God, have Jesus as my personal savior, and still be an ultra-liberal, not go to church, not read the bible, not go to christian rock concerts, not evangelize, not bring up my religion unless prompted, have premarital sex, be gay, etc. etc. If you don't believe that you can not be christian and secular at the same time, then a lot of the people in the statistics who say they are Christian, by your defininion, are not really Christian at all. If they were, seven our of ten people would have Bible quotes in their, Jesus fish on their car, WAY more churches, etc. Secularism just means that religion (which doesn't equate God) doesn't play a daily role in your life. It is NOT atheism. It means to exist separately from religion, and to have non-religious policies when at least in a public setting. In THAT sense, you can STILL go to church, read the Bible, and be totally secular as long as you separate it from your public life and policies and pretty much keep it private. Obama and Hillary are examples of this. A secular state is neutral in religious matters, so as much as you may not want to admit it, the US is a secular nation. At least until it officially endorses one religion over another, and that will NEVER. EVER. EVER. happen this country was founded on the opposite. Freedom, including of religion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outsiders71 View Post
    That's a nice twist on reality. Hagee endorsed McCain, McCain didn't seek him. Secondly what Hagee said was not anywhere near the lines of Rev. Wright. Thirdly, I don't believe McCain sat in a pew for 20 years in Hagee's church and had his children baptized and then sitting in that same pew to hear the same antisemitic rhetoric.

Awww, you beat me to it Outsider. Well said.
    Only a moral and virtuous people are capable of freedom; the more corrupt and vicious a people becomes, the more it has need of masters. -- Benjamin Franklin

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast