What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thesis done!

Well, after more years than I care to recall, I've finished and defended. I've got some bureaucratic paperwork to clear up, but I've crossed the finish line today.

I now have a Master's degree in biology for my work on arboreal snake locomotion!

Mokele

Congratulations! I think it was awfully nice of God to create snakes with that ability.

Wow, you wasted all that time with the research, when you could have summed the whole universe up in one phrase: "God did it."

I'm sure he appreciates the effort anyway! :-D

J/K congrats!

Congrats Mokele!!!!

I remember when I was in graduate school for medical illustration, one of my advisors who would sign off of on my thesis started twisting around my defense into a neuroanatomy quiz, aarrgghhh! Luckily I was prepared.

And there was this one guy in the department who loved to be a pain at defenses....when he went on vacation I think like 6 people defended their theses.

Anyway, congrats again and hope to see you at some future NECPS events. Hope you can get to the August BBQ...

WildBill

And there was this one guy in the department who loved to be a pain at defenses....when he went on vacation I think like 6 people defended their theses.

Yeah, that would be my advisor...

I hope I'll be able to make it, but the medical anatomy class starts the 18th of August, so I'll understandably be busy.

Mokele

Congrats.

Now that you have a masters, what do you plan on doing? More school?

Yep, always more school. I'll be heading to Brown for my PhD, working on frog jumping.

Mokele

Congrats Mokele.

Good luck with your your PHD :).

Congrats, I know just about how you feel as my finish line is within sight as well. Have fun throwing another 6 odd years into the PhD, you'll be dog tired at the end but it is well worth it.

Congratulations! That's a lot of hard work. Well done!

Yep, always more school. I'll be heading to Brown for my PhD, working on frog jumping.

Mokele

I would have thought Calaveras County, CA would be the place for frog jumping ;)

Congratulations. Take a little time off to relax but not too much time because you might get to like it.

You're getting a PhD in leap frog? Back in my day, students did that in kindergarten.

Back