Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Houston Economics

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Houston Economics

So.. I got the guts and to venture into the local Wally World today while out running errands. I get to the checkout line, and in front of me checkout out is two people, and old lady (gray hair) and a young man - maybe twenty. Well, they are arguing over who is going to pay for what, and after much hassle, they divied up the groceries and split the cost. They looked very poor, had ratty clothes on, and honestly didn't smell that nice...

Anyway, they used food stamps or whatever their equivalent is called here to help pay for those groceries. Whatever, they were done, I checked out paid for my stuff and went on my way. Well lo' and behold, who is parked next to me? The two from the checkout line. And what were they driving? One of the fanciest Cadillac Escalades I have ever seen! This thing was decked out, jet black, blacked out windows, shined like mirror, chrome do-dads everywhere, and had custom wheels and tires probably worth my than my entire car! It looked like a million bucks! Yet they used public assist. for groceries. I don't get it?!! What am I missing here?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HAHA welcome to the world, yeah my neighbor uses foodstamps to buy candy bars and slurpees.
    And my mom has seen people at the store getting hundreds of dollars of groceries on their Oregon trail card and my mom is only getting what we need weekly like bread and milk.

Quote Originally Posted by nightsky View Post
    So.. I got the guts and to venture into the local Wally World today while out running errands.
    Are you a hermit?
    view my growlist
    http://grwlist.notlong.com

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you know it belonged to them? You don't. It may have been borrowed.

No way in hell should people be allowed to use food stamps to buy junk food. Or even brand names, for that matter. If you're on food stamps, you need to tune out everything but house brands. If you smoke or drink, you shouldn't be allowed to have food stamps unless you quit. If you have money for beer and cigarettes, then you have money for food. Prioritize.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    XD.
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6789&dateline=1352508752

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe they are just frugal when it comes to certain things so they can splurge on things they really enjoy.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No way in hell should people be allowed to use food stamps to buy junk food. Or even brand names, for that matter.
    While I would have agreed with you a few years ago anymore if you use the grocery store ads and coupons you'll find name brand stuff is often about the same price as the off brand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you smoke or drink, you shouldn't be allowed to have food stamps unless you quit. If you have money for beer and cigarettes, then you have money for food. Prioritize.
    x100000000000
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Assuming there are no coupons. If proof of coupon is provided, then it's OK.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast