Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Photo of previously uncontaced tribes in S. America

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wouldn't it be interesting if they turn out to be some polygamous cult from the Bronx that didn't want to be part of the inner city ghetto anymore? - Rich
    No, I'm not suffering from insanity! ... rather enjoying it, actually!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As for being denied modern medicine, that's the experience of most people on the planet.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think this is horrible

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HPLH View Post
    i think this is horrible
    What part is horrible, or politically incorrect?
    No, I'm not suffering from insanity! ... rather enjoying it, actually!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think these people are living the life. So what if they don't have medicine? It means they stay stronger genetically. I'm sure they're enjoying life just fine without our modern conveniences.

I'm also willing to bet they get a LOT more "time off" living like they do than your average working American. This alone would lead me to believe they have a higher quality of life than us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just another culture to be exploited and ruined and it takes away some of the mystery in life

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, clint I think you need to look at the condition of most decendents of Native Americans in Brazil before you say they are better off with modern life. Go walk through the shanty towns of any major Brazilian city and tell me that they would be better off there. Face it you say introduce them to the modern world but my guess is you arent going to pay to fly them to a western country where they will be exposed to the best of western medicine not to mention that our drug companies may be able to learn something to benefit the world as a whole from allowing them to live their traditional life style. I think before we introduce them to the full western world we should send in anthropologists to study their culture the best we can can in many ways easy any transition they may have to deal with if they do incorporate western technologies.

Not to mention they will need their survival skills for when the western global economy collapses when we run out of oil. I would like the human species to survive and these little outposts of it are our only hope at this point.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they're gonna war on us, I think it's about time the US sends out the Predators and Global
    Hawks. Make sure we get the intelligence right this time....

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast