Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Photo of previously uncontaced tribes in S. America

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we should start out slow by sending in some Eskimos, just to get the ball rolling. After that, we can work up to some Amish envoys, and so on.
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bet they their loinclothes aren't all twisted in a knot about a real estate slump and gasoline prices and Hillary vs Obama vs McCain. So why is it that some of us are feeling sorry for them?
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you're telling me ever descendant in Brazil lives in the ghetto? That they have no opportunity to escape the ghetto? Seems hard to believe.

How can the drug companies learn anything without exposing them to the outside world? Think about that.... We can't read their minds from a hundred miles away. You anthropologists can study away. I never said we must put a pill in each belly, a coke in every hand, and a birkenstock on every foot right this very second.

Personally, I'd rather live in a shanty town in the modern world than be isolated. People in shanty towns can escape. It is possible. Unless someone from this village just happens to hike far enough, they can't have upward mobility.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Third world slums suck very badly and there's darned little opportunity to escape, but they look good enough to attract lots of people from the third world countryside. Of course the major reason so many look to escape the countryside is that developed countries have created a global economy that undercuts the rural third world economy.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally, I'd rather live in a shanty town in the modern world than be isolated. People in shanty towns can escape. It is possible. Unless someone from this village just happens to hike far enough, they can't have upward mobility.
    Just because you would, don't mean other people do. How do you know these people are unhappy? That's what is wrong with humans, we always have to push our beliefs onto others.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which is why they have the CHOICE. No one said I'd put a gun to their head and force them to conform, did they? It's not that they are unhappy. It's that they could be so much happier and healthier. This isn't about my beliefs. This is about not croaking 30+ years before you have to. It's about not getting a cut in the jungle, and being screwed.

I'm just amazed you people don't agree with me. You'd rather have them suffer disease and a short life expectancy, in order to preserve a culture that can't even be studied without making contact with them. You can not keep them isolated and study them. Once they realize they aren't alone, it all goes down hill as far as their "cultural purity". You'd allow them to die prematurely.

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'd rather have them suffer disease and a short life expectancy,
    Our lifestyles causes us diseases that they will never have. They are probably healthier now then most of us.

Same thing should be said about animals, we can put all of them in zoo's where they can be treated in case they ever get a disease.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No. Animals don't have a choice, now do they?

If you seriously think the lower life expectancy makes them healthy, then I can't argue with that logic.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast