What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My CP article in Animal Magazine of San Diego

Hey everyone! I wrote a CP article for Animal Magazine of San Diego and I thought you might all like to read it. It focuses on a few different groups of carnivorous plants and outlines some basic growing requirements. It's accompanied by a few pictures of some of my plants.

It's a free publication, and starting tomorrow, you'll be able to pick it up at PetsMarts, PetCos, veterinary offices, animal shelters and select coffee houses throughout San Diego county. If you don't live in San Diego, I'm afraid you're a bit out of luck!

Here's the link, and my article is on pages 22 and 23:

Never Mind The Dog, Watch Out For The Biting Plant

I hope you all enjoy!

Awesome Mitch! :-))

I love it! Great job :-D I really like the title :clap:

That is excellent! :D Congratulations! Thanks for sharing that.

Thanks for all the kind words. Unfortunately, I can't take credit for the title of my article, as it was the editor who came up with it. I had a few suggestions, but ultimately she has the last say.

Well, it's still a great article :bigthumpup:

The article grabs interest and provides just enough information to grow CPs, all in just a couple of pages (with photos). You have surely been successful in creating CP addicts.

Nicely written, I think you should have showed them hamata though.

Thanks again for all the nice words everyone. I really appreciate it!

As for N. hamata, I've never successfully grown that species, and since the magazine wanted pictures of my own plants, that one was out of the question. I did send them a really cool picture of my N. bicalcarata, but I guess they decided not to use it. Maybe it was too scary for an animal magazine!

Something else that's interesting is that the editor wrote her own opening and closing paragraphs on top of mine, probably to tie things in with the theme of the magazine.

Congrats on the article!

hahahaha, I was thinking of ElGecko :-))

Hey grats Mitch! Well-written article that should hopefully pique some folks interest. Give "Godzilla" my best - love the name ;)

I wrote a small article for the CP ezine since nobody had written an article for them for over four years.

http://www.cpzine.com/

Contact Pete thiel, your article is well written.

I loved the article very informative and persuasive.

Thanks guys! What sucks is that I went to three stores yesterday looking for a copy of the magazine and they hadn't been delivered yet. I'll probably try again in the next few days.

One last bump for anyone who wants to read the article.

Back