Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Barack Wins

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, I don't know what any of you are complaining about - at least "they" count you as a full person with a full vote in your states.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    I hope he takes Hillary as his running mate.

I like him, a lot. I'm just a little sad because I liked Hillary more.
    My sentiments exactly.... although I would have preferred Edwards over both of them.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Edwards doesn't seem to be as religious as Obama, but he's undecided on too many of the issues I care about. But I do like the way he talks.

What do you mean, Bu.... Oh wait, you live in Florida lol. Sorry. I sympathize. The people of Florida were punished for the party. Last time I checked, every vote was supposed to count.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm inclined to agree with PlantAKiss, Hillary is just a sore loser, and out of touch with reality. It's one thing to be a fighter, and it's quite another to know when the fight is OVER, which is called "sportsmanship", and Hillary clearly lacks this quality of grace and dignity.

As for her becoming the VP slot for Obama, that would be a BIG mistake, and a VERY BAD idea! Very naive! He would have to hire a food taster; and what if he died in office? (something that is historically long overdue!), the specter of suspicion and conspiracy will haunt her forever. She would be better off as a Cabinet member, or go back to the Senate, and run again next time around. Just my 2 cents worth. - Rich
    No, I'm not suffering from insanity! ... rather enjoying it, actually!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest press release from the hillary campaign, from last night:

6/3/2008
    Statement from the Clinton Campaign
    The AP story is incorrect. Senator Clinton will not concede the nomination this evening.
    from: http://www.hillaryclinton.com/news/r.../view/?id=7894

she lost the race a month ago..after last night its REALLY REALLY lost..
    but yet she wont face reality..when will she give it up?

a presidential canidate SO out of touch with reality that she cant even admit she lost..
    even when its way beyond obvious..
    wow..
    im so glad she isnt the canidate..

Scot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buster1 View Post
    Hey, I don't know what any of you are complaining about - at least "they" count you as a full person with a full vote in your states.
    I voted in am still registered in Michigan and voted there and honestly I am pretty pissed off the Democratic party is going to allow the votes in Michigan and Florida to count at all. Our elected representatives in those states moved the date of the primary fully knowing that the Democratic party would not seat their delegates then. If you are upset with someone get mad at your elected officials. In Michigan at least if you read your entire ballot when you vote there is a section where you choose your party representatives, plus I know in Michigan the house, senate, and governor all had to approve the change so you don't have any right to complain. If you were going to be upset and complain you should have done it before the date was moved and let your elected officials know that they will be losing your vote if they moved the date. I am sick of people waiting until they are penalized and then complaining, if it was really a big deal to you then you should have been doing something to prevent the date from being changed.

That said I agree super delegates are stupid, especially since they are usually people active in politics at the time which means senators can accrue favors with them which to me just seems a bit underhanded and shady. But I also think every state should hold their primary on the same day we don't string out presidential election out over 6+ months, why should we do it for the primaries.

And as a final point I am glad to see Obama is going to be the democratic nomination.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahh, there's nothing like the "Monday morning quarterbacks". - Rich
    No, I'm not suffering from insanity! ... rather enjoying it, actually!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ktulu, I will have to take issue with your statement about having done something about the primary date change. In Florida the date change was an added ammendment to a bill that was passed by the republican controlled legislature in November of 2007. The primary took place in January of 2008. I don't think my protesting on the legislature steps in Tallahassee would have accomplished anything, so what actually would you have suggested I do that would have made any difference in the political process other than express my displeasure?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast