Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Barack Wins

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed...sort of. I mean yeah I agree he's horrible, but I'm sure there could be worse. What about David Duke?
    lol Oh come on! I didn't mean that literally. OK...Charles Manson would make a worse president. lol Then again.......

I like Obama and all, but somehow I think he may have trouble winning. I don't know...
    Obama won't have trouble if everybody supports him.

There isn't anyone who can run for Pres that will be PERFECT. I don't agree with all of Obama's platform. But...I think we DO need someone with a fresh, maybe even naive, point of view. Someone who is not so jaded by politics that they've lost sight of being there to help the people of this country...not big business. We are losing jobs by the thousands to cheap foreign labor and that makes us more and more dependent on other countries.

Manufacturing used to be the backbone of our country. Now its all in China, Mexico or India.

Does anyone here remember when Wal-Mart first got to be "big" and their slogan was "Made in the USA!"? That quietly faded away...because nothing in Wal-mart is made in the USA!
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hillary rolled over for George W. Bush every single time back when resistance would have mattered most. She's a neocon, corporate schill and only fights when it's all about her, not when she'd be taking a risk fighting for someone or something else. Good riddance Hillary and I sincerely hope I never again see the names Clinton or Bush on a ballot.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Off topic, but you know Walmart got forced out of Germany? Lol.
    Apparently Germans didn't like the door greeters or the giant carts. Also, they were mad that Walmart didn't allow flirting in the workplace (seriously).
    They lost a ton of money on the whole ordeal.
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't call her a neocon at all.

What do you suggest, Susanne? People will buy cheap crap from other countries until America starts to make it just as cheap, and the people in America aren't going to work for ten cents an hour.

Hell, even a lot of expensive crap is made in other countries, at far less than anyone here would make it for.

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pleased with the way it turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by phissionkorps View Post
    Apparently Germans didn't like the door greeters or the giant carts.
    LMAO! Maybe I'm part German after all...

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PlantAKiss View Post
    But...I think we DO need someone with a fresh, maybe even naive, point of view. Someone who is not so jaded by politics that they've lost sight of being there to help the people of this country...not big business. We are losing jobs by the thousands to cheap foreign labor and that makes us more and more dependent on other countries.
    Meh. I think it would be naive to think that Obama isn't jaded by politics, I mean after all he has came from the machine driven and corrupted Chicago. He's as much as a politician as any other politician. The biggest drawback of Obama, IMO, is the change he has planned for us, in regards to taxation and big government programs. I don't want the government telling me how to spend my hard earned money.

Quote Originally Posted by PlantAKiss View Post
    Manufacturing used to be the backbone of our country. Now its all in China, Mexico or India.
    Manufacturing will never be the same. We can't compete with China who pays their employees literally dirt for the hard work they do. The only thing we can do is give incentives and reward American companies who stay on American soils. To those that leave in search of cheap labor and more profits, we should add an import tax that would make their products as much as stuff made here in the U.S. Our biggest problem though is energy, and until this country is energy independent from oil we will continue to plummet. France is about 80% energy independent by the use of Nuclear power, something I'm for, but once again Obama isn't.
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phissionkorps View Post
    I like Obama much more than Billary, and all she's doing at this point is wasting money. However, I am really sick of "word to yo momma" and am not looking forward to hearing it through November. If he can't even have a slogan that uses proper English, I think that says a lot about him as a potential president. That, plus that whole "dirt off your shoulders" thing he did actually made me feel embarrassed for him, and I think those two things w/ some of the others he/his supporters have done (mostly hooping and hollering with little, if any, regard for anywhere near proper English) go a long way to show where the country will go if he gets elected - in the crapper. It makes him look horribly unfit for the position.
    How can you possibly like Hillary Clinton any less then that?
    I don't think Obama will have any trouble winning. I mean, this whole time a lot of people who claim to dislike Obama are really just hardcore Clinton supporters. Obama is gennerally better with independants/undecided than Clinton, and much better than McCain. But then with the last 8 years with a dope for president, running as a republican is very hard.
    Clinton was a senator and a very politically active first lady who really "knew her way around the white house," to use an oft quoted term. Plus the fact that she would be our first female president makes tons of people more inclined to vote for her. It shouldn't be to hard for Obama to beat McCain if he could beat Clinton. Though of course I'm sortof keeping my fingers crossed, there is no way I nor anyone else can know for sure.
    I think Hillary is a great senator with a lot of passion for her work, and with a lot of good ideas for this country. I don't think its a good idea to have a president who claims that she was fired at in Bosnia just to make a good story or claim that she has popular vote by discluding caucus states and including states where Obama wasn't even on the ballott.
    Anyway, its over now and I don't have to worry.
    I still think she would make a good vice president. Why? Because 1) it would say a lot about our party. After the past months of squabbling among democrats, it would be fantastic if they could come together--very symbollic. 2) Logistically, the Dems would have a lot more votes, especially with McCain telling Clinton supporters to "join him." 3) Clinton could get her first truth/lie lessons. hehe just joking or mabye not.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry I have not read the thread and don't plan to either. I used to like Obama till he showed his true colors to me. I will be voting McCain. Don't even get me started on Hillary. Granted Bush didn't turn out like I wanted either, but I am not going to put my trust in Obama right now either.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast