Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I quit last August.

Yaaaa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have never understood why people smoke tobacco. I guess I'm the only one here the feels that way.
    Not at all.

Doesn't really bother me, but I'm one of the (seemingly) few people that recognizes the fact that everyone is different. Tastes are tastes.

New medical knowledge notwithstanding, I enjoy a smoke.....however I have to do it very rarely. Since I do it so rarely, cigarettes have started to smell & taste nasty, but so far I still like cigars & pipes.
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I smoke and eat ethnogens but I don't drink soda, coffee or alcohol for many years now so I guess life is basically your choice of recreational vices. Who's to say which is worse when it all gets tallied up.
    None of us gets outta here alive anyway, you may as well enjoy yourself!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it wasn't bad for you
    It's not entirely bad for you. It's a natural laxative and actually lowers your chances of getting Parkinson's. I think something like 70% of people in the US at least carry the herpes virus, which makes your chances of getting cancer much lower. See...the trick is not to avoid a disease but to get as many diseases as you can so they all eat each other .

Personally, I can't understand people who don't drink. Remember that old Sinatra quote that was like, "I feel sorry for people who don't drink, because when they wake up in the morning that's as good as they're going to feel all day".
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Corn is no place for a mighty warrior Nitecrawler's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah. Smoking the pipe is definitely a special occasion thing anyway. Cigarettes can be quite nasty, I agree, but I still indulge myself every once in a while.

Go PaK! That's quite the achievement!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want good cigarettes, try American Spirits, or Lucky Strikes from Serbia, or Davidoffs from Germany or Bulgaria.
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love menthols. Always wanted to try a kretek but never had the chance. Clove is my favorite smell. And I mean a real kretek, not one with the flavor added.

I quit smoking... I guess a year ago. For me, my first cigarette wasn't pleasant or unpleasant. It just make me light headed. So I tried a couple more and a couple more trying to find out what people liked about them, and by that time I was addicted. For me, the only enjoyment I ever got from them was relieving the cravings. I did get a kick out of making smoke rings lmao.

Nothing is worse than cheap cigarettes. If you smoke cheap cigarettes, you may as well go roll one out of pine straw. It tastes about as good. I don't like cigars. The smell is sickeningly sweet, and pipes seem like a hassle when you could smoke a cigarette.

I am an ex-smoker, but let me tell you, there's nothing I hate more than preachy ex-smokers. I hate people who will give smokers dirty looks for smoking in a designated public place. I hate people who point out, unprovoked, the statistics. Do you know what I hate most of all? I hate those anti-smoking commercials. I hate them. I hate them. I hate them. You know the ones. The ones that say things like "In 1971, when one tobacco executive was reminded that smoking can lead to underweight babies, he said, "some women would prefer smaller babies. '"

My parents always told me never to smoke. They usually had a cigarette in their hand. It meant nothing to me. They have since quit. A year for my mother and two for my father. My mother was at two packs a day! I'm still glad I smoked, got addicted, and quit, because I think that makes me a stronger person, and the two year period that I did smoke probably had a negligible effect on my lungs in the long run. I'm not worried about it. I quit smoking everything lol. Even pot. Not good for my lungs at all. Of course I smoked the twigs and seeds along with the bud, lmao, so I made it worse hehe. I ALSO hate it when people say pot is so much healthier for you! No it isn't! Pot contains more tar (the tar is what's so great about it!), and is usually unfiltered. It's also held in longer. In one perspective, smoking pot is better for you because it's unlikely you'll smoke nearly as much pot as you would tobacco, so overall you get less tar. In the other perspective, if you smoked the weight equivalent of a pack of cigarettes a day in pot, you'll be much more unhealthy than a tobacco smoker. Of course more refined marijuana products are a different matter. Hash oil, for example, is pretty much pure tar, but atleast you're not smoking all of that cellulose and other alcohol-insoluble stuff. Hash is just the trichomes of the plant. Not sure if it's healthier than hash oil or not. I take back what I said about cloves being my favorite smell. Pot, cloves, lilies and shrooms are pretty much tied in first place. mmmm mmm mmm.

I also quit drinking coffee. Nightmare when I quit. I used to drink half a pot a day, with five or six heaping-scoops of grounds per pot. I drank my usual dose the other day after a couple of months without it. Wow! Didn't eat for 24 hours and did all the housework! Also read that diet soda makes you hungrier, so I don't drink any soda anymore. Plus it has caffeine in it.

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank y'all.

Personally, I can't understand people who don't drink.
    I don't drink. I don't care for the taste and care even less for its potential for damage.

While many people do drink responsibly, if you have seen the things I've seen, seen the pain and suffering alcohol abuse can bring, if you are knowledgeable about alcohol abuse and understand how easily one can cross the line from social to problem...you'd never touch it. It's playing Russian Roulette...are you going to be one of the people who can handle alcohol and have it be just a tastey drink now and then or are you doing to be one of the millions of people who's bodies can't handle it and who can't live without it.

It's just NOT worth the risk of emotional damage, physical damage and health issues it CAN cause. I know a LOT of people who would call themselves "social drinkers" who are SO over line but say its just "having a good time".

I never cared much for alcohol because of the taste, but after seeing the suffering some of my friends went through with alcoholic parents and/or boyfriends...I ceased what little drinking I did. There is nothing about alcohol that is worth opening the door to the emotional suffering I saw my friends go through. Most of the people I know who drink, know very little about alcohol beyond "It's fun". I don't need alcohol to have fun. I have a GREAT time every time I am around my friends. For that matter I have a great time by myself.

I smoked and, aside from the "second hand smoke" issue...the only person I was hurting was me. Alcohol abuse inflicts pain on everyone around the abuser...from family members to spouses to hapless strangers who were unfortunate enough to be on the road with a drunk driver.

I was never so stupid to think that smoking was NOT harming me. It's an addiction and very hard to give up...same as alcohol for some people.

It's really kind of interesting that smokers seem far more willing to admit its bad for them than a heavy drinker to admit alcohol is bad for them. I wonder why that is...

Sorry. Off my soapbox. I've seen too many reaaaally nice people hurt by alcohol not to be passionately anti-abuse.

On topic...in previous years, one of my most commonly used pipes was the toilet paper pipe. lol

I am an ex-smoker, but let me tell you, there's nothing I hate more than preachy ex-smokers.
    Ohmigod that is the truth!!! I'll never be like that. My boss is like that. She used to smoke and after she quit she'd walk past us smoking outside with a dirty look and a cough.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast