Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Pipe Smokers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tell Sinatra not to worry, there are many ways to feel good without the alchohol!

I don't drink cos it gives me immediate indigestion, first shot or drink of beer and I'm breathing flames from my belly. I used to love Tequila in my late teens and early 20s but not anymore. I can't get enough down to get drunk I just get sick and quit trying to drink it. I never did like waking up with a hangover either.

I smoke manufactured cigs when I go to work every few days but I don't smoke them on my days off at home - I guess it makes going to work a tad more desireable "Oh boy I get to smoke at break time"...

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First and foremost, congratulations, Susanne. I missed your post earlier.

Take me for example. I don't care for booze, but every other month or so I'll get totally wasted. Doesn't affect my life, and I don't crave it, so I don't see a problem with it. I'm sure once I'm in college I'll drink more often and less heavily. Or maybe not, we'll just have to see. I couldn't do it every day. I don't have the energy lmao. I wouldn't call what I do abuse, because I don't really see the point in drinking unless you get wasted. Abuse, to me, would be getting wasted night after night and letting your social life and grades suffer. Of course, you guys can feel free to disagree with me. Abuse would be taking benadryl to boost the alcohol. Or just happening to drink more than usual when you break an arm and get some vicodin. Or worse, an opiate, benadryl, and vodka cocktail! Not that I have a problem with doing those, but not for me. Benadryl knocks me ou by it's self so I wouldn't want to mix it with anything lmao. And I don't play around with painkillers anymore. I was never a downer kind of guy anyway. I want to experience life to the max when I use, not lay around in a daze and scratch myself.

I do know the damage it can do. My uncle was a heavy alcoholic and pill popper, and he died at like 40. Never found out exactly what killed him, but he was clearly jaundiced. Fell over in a pool of his own blood. Very sad. Pretty awkward saying this, but my father was also an alcoholic and used to beat my mother when I was a kid. Well, I take that back. I honestly wouldn't consider him an alcoholic, just a really mean drunk. He quit without problems and has been sober for... jesus maybe ten years. Really happy, laughable dude until he gets drunk. My grandfather was also an alcoholic. And, funny enough, my other grandfather on my father's side ran moonshine during the prohibition lmao. So you see, alcoholism (sort of) runs on both sides of my family but I'm not really worried about it. Just have to watch myself I guess. Like I said, I don't really enjoy alcohol particularly. It's dead-last on my list of fun substances.

I hate the way people say "Drugs and alcohol". Alcohol is a drug, just like barbiturates, GHB, or any other CNS depressant. If it came in a pill form, it would require a prescription, if it wasn't already placed on schedule one. What I hate is alcoholics, and drug addicts for that matter, blaming it all on "their disease". please. You gave yourself that disease, so stop complaining and take some responsibility and clean yourself up on your own under the care of a physician. Get cancer, then you can complain to me. Unless it's lung cancer or liver cancer, in that case this may sound cruel, but until I'm a doctor I don't have time for a situation you got yourself into. My grandmother died from COPD from being a lifetime smoker, and it was extremely sad. She also got addicted long before the facts about nicotine and it's affect on your health came out, so I can sympathize. She also quit before she was ever diagnosed with emphysema, so I can sympathize even more, but if you're 20 or 30, you have no excuse. You knew quite well that smoking wasn't good for you. This isn't 1920. Four out of five doctors no longer recommend Pall Mall.

Like Susanne, I always knew what I was doing to myself. I thought I could smoke in moderation, but hehe, that's rarely the case. Even one cigarette is bad for you! At the most I was at four lights a day, so it could have been harder to quit had I continued. The fear of being without cigarettes is reason enough to quit. I guess once my parents gave me permission to smoke, it took a lot of the fun out of it, too.

I've heard of toilet paper pipes. No thanks! With my luck I'd catch myself on fire. I used coke cans hehe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used coke cans hehe.
    The rumour in our school was using those caused alzheimer's...

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used coke cans hehe.

On the subject of addictive things, or those with an addictive personality (you know, the people who can become addicted to shopping or gambling), people, especially young people think it's all fun and games. It is at first, and I'm not going to lie, if you're careful and stay in control, and only use addictive things once in a blue moon, things can stay that way. Once you start to crave it, it's time to stop. The problem with doing meth once a year or coke "just on the weekends" or smoking just once a day is that is rarely stays that way.

Reminds me of my favorite marilyn manson song: Dope Hat

I peek into the hole, I struggle for control
    The children love the show,
    but they fail to see the anguish in my eyes
    Fail to see the anguish in my eyes
    I scratch around the brim, I let my mind give in
    The crowd begins to grin,
    but they seem to scream when darkness fills my eyes
    Seem to scream when darkness fills my eyes, it's no surprise
    Fail to see the tragic, turn it into magic
    My big top tricks will always make you happy,
    but we all know the hat is wearing me
    My bag is in the hat, it's filled with this and that
    My vision's getting fat, the rabbit's just a monkey in disguise
    Stars and pills and needles dance before our eyes
    They will bite the hand if it is slower than
    the quickness of their scrutinizing eyes
    Fail to see the tragic, turn it into magic
    My big top tricks will always make you happy,
    Chicanery will always make you happy,

But alcohol is weird. It's not necessarily addictive, but it can be. Meth is addictive. Coke is addictive. Benzos are addictive. There is no gray area there, but alcohol may or may not be addictive for each individual. It's really genetic and perhaps even environmental. I'm speaking psychologically, not physically btw. It will be physically dependent once you reach a certain point with your drinking regardless of whether or not you're psychologically addicted to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure its easy to become an alcoholic. I used to drink much more heavily than I do now. However, I quit easily enough. I know there's a thin line between enjoying and getting addicted to anything, but if you're not a weak individual, you just exert some control on yourself. Like I said, I used to smoke and drink a ton, but I stopped smoking all together and stopped drinking so much simply by telling myself not to. If you're strong enough of mind, you can fix things like that on your own, before they get too out of control. One of my favorite mottos: Life's too short to be weak.

I can't see any kind of addiction ever controlling me, or thinking that I "can't" quit.
    I enjoy alcohol, but I'm responsible with it. I also don't ever get hangovers thanks to my good ol' heritage.
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clint, hate to break it to you xD
    Marijuana does not contain Tar. :\
    studies have proven many things:
    Marijuana has a cancer preventative
    Marijuana does not have Tar
    Marijuana does not have the chemicals that tobacco has in it because many are added to it in factories
    where as in Marijuana, what you get is just a dried chunk of an unpollenated flower.
    Marijuana used as medical purposes helps pain, ADHD, anger control issues, and various other mental illnesses.
    i smoke Marijuana for my ADHD and Bipolar, as well as back issues
    the doctor is going to give me a license for it because of many issues i have.
    i smoked cigarettes for a few years
    and i can say that smoking marijuana does NOT do anything that cigarettes do.

NICK,NICK,NICK!!!!! Indians....... likeAstone76's Avatar
    Kansas, on the plains with the tumbling tumble weeds
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you look like that, how could you not?

I take it you're not a Hunter S. Thompson fan.
    Here's to the first of the of the day fellas!! To old, D.H. Lawrence!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    trichomes are not tar.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast