Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Pipe Smokers

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hate to break it to you, but what do you think the resin is? It's tar. Resin is the THC and other oils and nasties. I do not consider THC it's self tar, but some may. What do you think the brown stuff that builds up in a pipe is? It's resin, AKA tar! What do you think makes used bong water brown? It's tar! The THC is not water soluble, so everything in the dirty water is tar!

The trichomes themselves are not resin. They're just "hairs" that happen to be the primary source of THC on the buds. Sorry if I gave the impression I was saying they were tar; I didn't mean to get that across because that's not true at all. They may contain some tar, but it's negligible compared to the entire bud.

Really, the bottom line is that smoking anything at all isn't good for you. Not when you can just eat it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I quit last August.
    awesome PAK!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clint, resin is not Tar.
    When smoked from a pipe, most resin sticks to the pipe anyway though resin presents no harm to the body like tar does. having a mother who has smoked weed for 34 years for medical purposes and not having ruined lungs until picking up smoking kinda shows the difference.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they ADD tar to tobacco as well.
    Marijuana, if from a trusted person, is in itself, pure, and only a plant.
    Marijuana has NEVER directly killed someone
    where Alcohol has
    Tobacco causes cancer, emphisema, and various other illnesses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dude. Soak some nice bud in alcohol. Evaporate the alcohol. What you're left with is resin. Not all of that resin is THC. The rest is tar.

If she smoked 40 joints a day, the equivalent of two packs, then she must be in a great deal of pain. I find it hard to believe that after 34 years of smoking 20-40 joints daily, her lungs are in great health. Of course there are 90 year olds who still smoke without apparent harm. Really a minority, but doesn't mean it's healthy. If you smoke 40 nice joints a day, it's worse on your lungs than 40 cigarettes unless you filter your joints.

You're right. It's never directly killed anyone. I'm a huge supporter of legalizing it. I really don't like to use it because it makes me so paranoid, but if it was legal I would have no paranoia. It's far safer than alcohol. Hell, it's far safer than almost all of the OTC stuff. It's a matter of time. I firmly believe that in my lifetime, it will be legal. And not quasi-legal in some states as it is now. Potheads don't beat their wives, and are often too lazy to drive anywhere. It doesn't make you aggressive, it makes you hungry, sleepy and gives you the giggles. You can overdose on alcohol. You can't on MJ. You can become addicted to alcohol, and unless you're the type who becomes addicted to gambling or shopping, you won't become addicted to MJ. I remember back in the day, my freind's parents grew some awesome stuff, and she didn't have a computer so she'd trade me dime bags for CD's I'd burn for her. I can promise you that it was worse for my asthma than cigarettes. Of course I have asthma and I'm weird

And it seems to me that taking MJ for ADHD and pain is a lot better than taking speed and opiates. That is, of course, if it helps as well as amphetamine/methylphenidate and opiates.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really, the bottom line is that smoking anything at all isn't good for you. Not when you can just eat it.
    I totally agree there even though I sin against it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    eating it IS better for you and im not saying the resin isnt bad for your lungs
    but the resin isnt as dangerous as tar as it is a completely different compound, however similar in its form it may be.
    but eating it takes a couple of hours for the THC to relieve pain in the case of medical marijuana patients, where as if you smoke it, it takes a little less than half an hour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I meant for recreation. Eating is better if you don't have to have it in the first place. Vaporizing is really the best way to "smoke" it.

Anyone watch Weeds? I freaking love that show. Can't wait until the new seasons starts!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast