What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pipe Smokers

Any pipe Smokers here?

Just curious how many people who grow CPs smoke a pipe.

Here, here!

I own a mid range wooden pipe.
Right now, I'm smoking Captain Black.

Mine only holds about 1-2 puffs per filling... :D

Last year they tried to quit selling them here, everything except corncob pipes and traditional hookahs would have been outlawed but the smokers won out even though the state has basically outlawed smoking both indoors and outdoors.

"open up in there and throw out the smoking accessories and nobody gets hurt!"

My fave pipe I imported from Thailand, it's a long "wizard" type pipe with an artsy elephant head for the bowl but it's metal and tastes funny so I never use it - probably made of lead!

I smoke my hookah all the time does that count?

Other wise I going to wait until I am a professor then take up smoking a pipe while wearing my tweed jacket with the leather elbows.

Used to. Now I don't smoke anything except the occaisonal cigar.

With kids, you have to be carefull what kinds of bad habbits you allow yourself.

I did in college. My friends used to stand out on this grand stone porch from our residence halls and smoke our pipes and discuss and debate like it was done in the old days. We tried to solve world problems, project politics, and predict when robots were going to take over the world and when VR was going to be the wave of life. We were orators like the Greeks on election day. God I miss those days. There is this great picture floating around of a couple of us smoking our pipes in the middle of a beautiful light snowstorm with huge snowflakes on that stone porch. I wish I could find that picture. Thanks for the memories...

xvart.

Xvart, it took some digging on the interweb... but, I was able to find your long lost college photo!! (for folks that don't know, he's the one in the red getting hammered)

xvartincollege.jpg

Xvart, it took some digging on the interweb... but, I was able to find your long lost college photo!! (for folks that don't know, he's the one in the red getting hammered)

lol. I was getting hammered because I couldn't stand that my beard was too awesome.

xvart.

Last edited:
I dont mind a good toke once in awhile.

I have never understood why people smoke tobacco. I guess I'm the only one here the feels that way.

I have never understood why people smoke tobacco. I guess I'm the only one here the feels that way.

If it wasn't bad for you, I would be a ravaging smoker! However, since it is, I'm not.

xvart.

I quit last August. :D

I actually can't stand the smell when anyone is smoking anything. I hold my breath whenever I pass by a smoker. I especially dislike people who smoke right under the "no smoking" signs, which unfortunately happens all the time at my school.

Back on topic, I thought smoking from a pipe was only for old, scholarly gentlemen (like xvart). :)

Not at all.

Doesn't really bother me, but I'm one of the (seemingly) few people that recognizes the fact that everyone is different. Tastes are tastes.

New medical knowledge notwithstanding, I enjoy a smoke.....however I have to do it very rarely. Since I do it so rarely, cigarettes have started to smell & taste nasty, but so far I still like cigars & pipes.

I smoke and eat ethnogens but I don't drink soda, coffee or alcohol for many years now so I guess life is basically your choice of recreational vices. Who's to say which is worse when it all gets tallied up.
None of us gets outta here alive anyway, you may as well enjoy yourself! :-D

If it wasn't bad for you
It's not entirely bad for you. It's a natural laxative and actually lowers your chances of getting Parkinson's. I think something like 70% of people in the US at least carry the herpes virus, which makes your chances of getting cancer much lower. See...the trick is not to avoid a disease but to get as many diseases as you can so they all eat each other ;).

Personally, I can't understand people who don't drink. Remember that old Sinatra quote that was like, "I feel sorry for people who don't drink, because when they wake up in the morning that's as good as they're going to feel all day".

Back