0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well you "think" there all gone. lol that is a tremandous story

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my fish tank broke one time and i had a bunch of danio's, i wasnt sure of the number and i guess i must have forgotten a few. a year later i found 3 crusty shrucken head looking fish on the ground

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Um, ozzy LOL!!!!! I almost died! I couldn't breathe! Atleast I don't have any of those spiders here in MA! No nightmares for me, and also ozzy, if you let them outside I would be checking your stuff everytime you put something on!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ant i live in RI and we both are states have something called a brown recluse wich decomposes flesh and can kill people, very common too

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you let them outside I would be checking your stuff everytime you put something on!
    I'm not worried. Spiders are like snakes, they usually only bite as a last resort.

If I find a black widow I sometimes hold them. They have no interest in biting people unless they think their life is in danger. As long as you don't try to hold them down, they are fine. I do the same thing with bees and wasps.

We have brown recluses here too. They scare me a little more than the black widows but they still won't bite unless they fell trapped, and a bite from either one is not fatal unless you are allergic to the venom.

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HPLH, I was in RI last year. I went to the NECPS meeting in Providence. You should check them out, they are a great group of people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heh, I have a similar story Ozzy. When i was 10 or so, my mom was a part time folk musician and she dragged me along to pick up some CDs she recorded. Well, this building had that typical, glass with metal square tubing dividing the panes, deal on the outside. And there were black widow webs in the corners.

So one day i decided to bring along a plastic jar to capture one of the ladies. I tapped the rim along one web and sure enough, big fat spider popped into the jar. I put the lid on and took it home with mom's permission. I put it in a glass aquarium with a cloth top (avoiding your fatal mistake Ozzy). I kept it in there, popping in the occasional carpenter ant or two.

Now, I should mention, I was a bit arachnophobic. But i guess my curiosity won out in this excursion.

Anywho, one day, she made up 2 or three egg sacks..... Well, arachnophobia got the better of me. I never opened that thing again. The sacks hatched and thanks to my ingenious cloth system, no babies came out. I eventually just kicked the whole aquarium outside and never touched it again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My only real "lost pet" was never found again... which wouldn't be that weird except for the fact that it was a fish. I had bought two oto cats to clean up the algae in my 10-gal tank, and about a week later I noticed that I was only seeing one of them. I searched all over the floor, the sides of the tank, under furniture, the closet (the tank was next to that at the time), tore the whole aquarium apart, and never found the slightest trace of the fish. The furniture in my room has since been totally rearranged, and the tank has undergone a few major cleanings since... and still never a trace. I only had a dwarf gourami and a few neon tetras at the time, I strongly doubt that they made a meal of him... but i do sometimes wonder where he wound up!
    "Seeds? Oh yeah... sometimes I forget they grow from those. I feel like they should hatch or something."

~a friend's observation of my CP's

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast