What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

True scary stories.

Ok whatever, back to scary stories.

Just two days ago, in the middle of the night, my friend and my brother and I were going on a little adventure in the woods by my house. I'm freaked out about going into the woods at night, even with other people. So to make me feel safer I brought a couple hunting knives. They brought their airsoft guns for some reason. Ok so we make it into the woods alive, and then we walk about 20ft in. I heard rustling in the tall grass. And the grass was very tall, so you never know what could be lurking down their. So I pulled out the knives and looked around on the ground. I didn't see anything... But then, right when I stood up, I looked over to the side. In a tree was a bright gray figure. It was about 2 feet long. I screamed and it scared the crap out of the guys so they shined their lights at it.
It still looked the same color as in the dark. I told them to turn the lights off, so they did. It was still a bright gray color, the same as in the light. I thought I saw it move. It didn't move in a major way like get down or jump at us, it just wobbled around. We screamed and ran out of the woods.

opossum

My teacher eats chalk.

Having to spend all day with kids have driven him/her insane or he/she could have a medical problem that causes them to crave certain minerals.

A few years ago, I was coming downstairs to watch TV. Our family was just haning out in the kitchen, cooking, having a snack, drinking juice (my brother). On the table was a wine glass full of wine. I walked in, and right after I walk in the kitchen and say hi, the wine glass explodes, and the glass lands on the floor directly in front of me in a small scattered pile. I can't explain why the glass exploded, my parents said it was because the glass was warm and the wine was cold or however that goes. But it was sitting there for about an hour, so it wasn't anything with temperature. And I can't explain why it would land right in front of me

You have a very high voice that caused the class to shatter.

At my moms house, the neighbor has a truck. They hardly ever use it. Under the truck is a gray object hanging from a string. All day and night, no matter how much or how little wind there is, the thing is waving back and forth at the same speed. And whenever something moves to my side, I always see it out of the corner of my eye and it scares me. And at night, you can still see it swaying around. And I got used to it, but I always wondered what it was under the truck, waving, calling...

Crawl under it and see what is causing it.

When I lived in Washington, I would alwalys walk down the street to the bus stop every morning for school. And it's early enough for the street lights to be on still. But every street light that I walk past on my way to the bus stop, it turns off. I didn't think it was weird or anything, but then I started to think about it. Why would the lights turn off right when I walk past them? I see other people walk past the lights without them turning off. Why only me? I got used to it though, and it still happened every time I would walk by them.

I think it's safe to assume that you were walking to the bus close to sunrise. Most street lights has a sensor on top of it that senses light that will turn them off. It was close enough to sunrise for the sensors to turn the lights off. The speed that you walked was about equal to the speed of the light reaching the sensors which turned them off.

Or they could have been older lights. When the ballasts start to wear or the lights will turn on and off at random about every five minutes or so. Since you were in sight of the lights it seemed to you that they turned off as you approached.

Last year in the summer, I would always wake up at exactly 8:00 am, even if I went to bed late. I don't set an alarm clock, and I don't do it on purpose, it just happens. I have no idea why, and it only happened at my mom's house.

Too many explanations for me to explain.

My toilet at my mom's house flushes on it's own... alot... and it does it like twice a day.

There is a small leak from the tank to the bowl. When the water pressure in the bowl is enough to push the water over the trap the water suddenly drains out, causing the water in the tank to empty into the bowl. The handle is held up by the water level in the tank by a float. As the water level drops in the tank so does the float causing the handle to also drop.

I don't have that high of a voice. And why did you have to try to explain everything? I like to think it's more of a haunted thing or whatever...

It was a joke.

One night, I was going to the kitchen to get some water, and on the way, I see my cat. For some reason, she had a light blue tinge in her fur (she's gray). While still being 10 feet away, I put out my hand and called her name, then as soon as I did that, she formed into a blue ball, then it turn into a blue whisp, going inside a lit candle in front of a figurine of the Virgin Mary. I just stood there and said, "Right..."

This other time at night, I was watching TV, and I could've sworn I saw someone with a lantern walk by my window, and when I checked, he was nowhere to be seen. Creepy thing is is that my dad saw him too.

Unfortunately, I have never seen a ghost or a UFO, or had anything really that frightening happen to me. But, "I want to believe".

Oh yeah, and I think my old school was haunted. People say it was built over some burial ground, and that teachers see ghosts or something.

I have two more. My two brothers and I think that my oldest brother's room is haunted. when my oldest brother is not in the house, my other brother would sometimes hear someone turning in the bed, but yet the cat wasn't there when that happens.

This really freaked out my brother. One night, my oldest brother went somewhere to spend the night or something, I don't remember, but while I was asleep, my brother was hearing squeaking from my oldest brother's bed. He needed to go to the bathroom, but was afraid of what might be in the room. He goes into the bathroom quickly and when gets out, he sees nothing in the dark. When he turned his head, he felt someone put a hand on his shoulder. He said he was so scared, that when he jump to get to his bed, he accidently jumped over it.

Sometimes, my Oldest brother gets woken up by what he thinks is the cat getting on the bed, so he would say, "Come here Fluffy (yes, Fluffly, she's very fluffy)." He gets no response of her moving, so when he opens his eyes, there's nothing on the bed.

Sorry if these stories are kind of confusing using my brother and oldest brother continually.

But, "I want to believe".
Uhh...why? There is absolutely no proof that ghosts exist, and about 99% of ghost stories have a plausible explanation. Because there isn't enough evidence for the other 1% ATM doesn't make a case that they exist. I've always thought that people that believed in ghosts are a little....mentally unstable.

UFOs on the other hand....again, no proof, and maybe there aren't any, but it's completely ignorant to think that we are the only intelligent/most advanced life in the entire universe. Despite the various creation myths that came to be during the infancy of our species, I think it's now pretty obvious that the Earth wasn't put here for us, and neither was the rest of the universe.

Uhh...why? There is absolutely no proof that ghosts exist, and about 99% of ghost stories have a plausible explanation. Because there isn't enough evidence for the other 1% ATM doesn't make a case that they exist. I've always thought that people that believed in ghosts are a little....mentally unstable.

UFOs on the other hand....again, no proof, and maybe there aren't any, but it's completely ignorant to think that we are the only intelligent/most advanced life in the entire universe. Despite the various creation myths that came to be during the infancy of our species, I think it's now pretty obvious that the Earth wasn't put here for us, and neither was the rest of the universe.

So what if people believe in ghost? We can believe if we want. And why do you think that people who believe in them are mentally unstable? And for UFOs, same thing.

So, your calling me mentally unstable??

"see moving shadows while feeling somewhat paralyzed with my eyes open"
That would be "sleep paralysis." Sometimes, especially when you're a teenager, you feel like you're paralyzed and you see hallucinations. It's a normal thing that happens with the brain. Not so sure about these other stories though...

Generally people who have never experienced paranormal activity try to deny it and explain it in some rationalized way. Just because it is paranormal does not necessarily mean it is ghosts however. It just means that it is outside of the norm. I have experienced plenty of crazy stuff in my day, and the ratio of explainable to unexplainable is definitely not 99:1.

I have seen a UFO haul balls across the sky at a rave when I was in high school, along with a ton of freaked out kids pointing at it and watching it tear across the clear open desert sky (the music died down and still no sonic boom). This past new years eve, some of my friends were at a party when they noticed strange symmetrical lights in the sky, and the shape of an object that befuddled them. Everyone at the party saw it, and they all came to the conclusion that it was probably a UFO. The next few days it kept making the news and hundreds of reports surfaced about the sightings. There were even sightings in other states and Australia around New Years. The final conclusion the news supplied was that the lights were chinese lanterns... lol as if they would remain visible and in symmetrical formation miles up in the sky. I believe the sighting in Texas was initially described as an unidentified craft which the local air force denied knowing about, and then a couple days later as the reports increased they said they had forgot that they ran drills that day and that was the explanation for the sighting. (Oh yeah someone recorded the ligts in San Diego and you could clearly see the symmetry in the lights, yet they still got played down as floating lanterns)

I must say I believe in UFOs more strongly than I do ghosts, because the vastness of our Universe cannot even begin to be comprehended. To believe ourselves to be the only living creatures is just plain ignorant. With synchronicity too, and an increasing understanding of quantum physics, the possibility of quick long distance travel is becoming more of a reality.

I am not sure if my experiences and my families' experiences can be chalked up to ghosts or what, but one thing that is for certain is that they were real. Real energy caused things to move and unexplainable things to happen. Whether one should term that energy as a ghost or not is irrelevant, but nonetheless, it's some freaky *** stuff when you don't expect it.

Daniel

Lol ozzy hillarious how you explained those.
I agree with you Nepenthes. I am sure that there are some claims proven false due to inadequate proof and mental instability; nevertheless, I am also sure that not 100% of all people who experience a sighting are mentally unstable. That is not a very well thought explanation to rationalize something that is scientifically unexplainable phis. For some, fear feeds imagination; but, this is not always the case.

ive seen a ghost several times, theres one that occupies my room, ive seen it in mirrors and just floating around, id be just sitting in bed before i go to sleep and out of the corner of my eye i would see something floating around and sometimes i catch it other times it just disapeers. it doesnt harm me so i let it go

i guess some spirits just do their thing

I've never had a 'paranormal' experience of any kind.

But I've had some 'scary' moments in the wilderness. I spend a lot of time in the wilderness of the rockies. Most of the time I'm alone due to my crazy schedule. I like to go for 2 -5 day backpacking/hiking trips into the designated "Wilderness Areas" of Utah. One of my favorites is the High Uintas Wilderness Area It's a massive designated wilderness area with limited road access, and that little access only gets you to the edge of the wilderness. From there, you must pack in as vehicles are prohibited. It's isolated, rugged, and HUGE. I've gone literally days without seeing another person. It's very high in altitude, and this range creates it's own weather. I've had it snow on me in the middle of summer on many occasions there. There is no cell signal out there. You can pack in 5 days, which means it will take you 5 days to get out. If you get hurt - you are SOL. It's a dangerous area, and people do go missing there never to be seen again.

Anyway - I've learned it can be truly terrifying to be so alone in such an area. You've got no one but yourself to depend on. You must be prepared mentally, physically - and emotionally. It gets so damned dark out there, and the place abound with wildlife. Some of my most vivid memories - yet also most terrifying - were of being alone in my ultra-lightweigh tent in that wilderness. As you can see, it's mesh - so I've got no privacy unless I put the rainfly up. I don't bother unless it's going to rain, as the only reason I have a tent is for bug protection/rain protection. So no rain= no need for rainfly. So it's feels as if you're in the open. This can be a somewhat eery feeling though also..

Several times I've been woken up by animal sounds. These are what I dread the most. Up there, it's mostly moose, elk and deer and mountain goats, but there are a lot of mountain lions there also (I've seen only one however). There have been reports of bear also, but no attacks from those that I know of. But I hate being awoken by animal sounds in the night. For one, it's so dark you cannot see a darn thing. Second, even if you had a light, those forests are pretty thick, so you cannot see far into them. One time I my, a friend and I were up there and were awoken by something right outside the tent. It was walking on some rocks next to our site, and it made a ruckus, so we assumed it to be big. Well, even through that mesh, we couldn't see a thing, yet, we could certainly hear it. It was intensely chilling to know that something big was right next to us, only seperated by a mesh screen, that we couldn't see! We have headlamps, and I reached down and got mine, scared to death to turn it on as I was so scared to see what was right in front of us. Well, I turned it on, shined it out, and sure enough there are two huge eyes staring right back, and I nearly shat a brick upon seeing how big the creature was! Well, come to find out, it was 3 moose! But in the night, up there, with no help around - a moose can scare the hell out you!

But truly, being up there among those tremendous forests and peaks, with all that wildlife, with rapidly changing and unpredictable weather, and no sign of man, the most terrifying experience is that of being purely alone. It's so intense to not have seen another soul for days, having only yourself to talk to, to rely on, to trust. Every step is potential disaster in the form of an possible injury, or mis-navigation. I cannot begin to describe how intense that is! I could go on with the scary experiences I've had up there. That's another reason I'm alone so much - I've taken people with me and it overwhelms them. Each and everytime - except for one, but our schedules rarely match.

But I love it. That's part of the appeal - to go into the unknown with only yourself. It's a true test of what your made of, and those are experiences I cherish despite the scares. I've done it for over two decades now, and knock on wood I've never gotten in trouble. But- I go so overprepared. Trust me - I know what I'm doing! (I helped out a lost hiker once even!) :jester:

I've always thought that people that believed in ghosts are a little....mentally unstable.
I think an attitude like that shows ignorance in itself.

I can probably sit here all night and tell weird things that I have seen or heard with my own eyes or ears. I keep it short though.

Back in the eighties I was at my grandmas house. I was listening to a tape of Ozzy Osbourne. I hope everybody here remember or at least know what cassettes are.
Any way back then the media had everybody brain washed that metal music was satanic and Ozzy was the most satanic of them all. It was really a huge thing back then. Everybody would always tell me that I was going to hell for listening to music like that.

Any way I was listen to the cassette when all of a sudden I heard the most demonic voice you could think of coming through the speakers of the cassette player. I got closer to it to try and figure out what it was and what it was saying. I couldn't make out the words but it was really very evil sounding. Turns out the man next door had a ham radio and it was interfering with the radio on the cassette player.

Second story happened in 2001 or 2002. I was working in ohio. I was wiring houses at the time. I was doing a house in Bay Village. The house was in the same spot as the house where the famous Sam Shepard murder case happened.

In case you don't know about the case, it inspired the TV series "The Fugitive".

You can read a little about it here.

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_murders/famous/sheppard/index_1.html

Anyway, they tore down the original house to build a new house. They had problems with the new house from the start. After it was framed in, the inspectors failed the house because they said it had many code violations. The contractor hired an engineer to come in to figure out how to fix the house. It was so bad he quite and just walked off the job.

The contractor was fired. The building was completely torn down. A new contractor was hired to rebuild the house. The house was built to code this time. Then when the time came for the wiring to be done, I was sent in to do the job.

Less than 5 feet from the house is a very old cemetery. It was a weird place for one. It had really old tombstones and an iron fence around it. It's the type that you'd expect to see in a Stephen King movie.

We came into work one morning and found out that one of the contractors employees had hung himself in the basement.

This incident made it even more weird to be working there than it already was. When you're in a situation like that your mind will take what you see and kind of make it's own conclusion to what it is. After the guy hung himself I started seeing things out of the corner of my eye. I would see something white floating right behind me. It looked just as you would think a ghost would look. But when I turned to see it I would see a piece of romex wire hanging there instead.

I saw the "ghost" because I expected to see it, not because it was there. All that was really there was just wire hanging from the ceiling. I wasn't the only person that this happened too either. We all would think we saw something and it always turned out to be something that was really there and nothing to do with a ghost. I'm sure the practical jokes we played on each other didn't help either.

I think an attitude like that shows ignorance in itself.
Lol. I wholeheartedly disagree. To hold such a silly belief and not expect any ridicule from anyone ever is even worse. Ghosts are something people have been talking about since the beginning of speech. Tens of thousands of years have gone by, and there has never been one shred of hard evidence in favor of it. If it was true, in that amount of time, we'd expect something to have given a sliver of proof, especially in this day and age. Have you seen Ghosthunters? They are walking around with a meter to measure electricity...please!

Oh, and "I have seen things" doesn't count. Not directly at ozzy specifically, but that is a lame and laughable excuse for "proof"....

Not directly at ozzy specifically,

I haven't said that I've seen anything. Everything I wrote about here had a non ghost explanation.

I've seen things that I have no explanation for, but I haven't talked about them hear and I don't automatically think they ghosts. I do believe there are many things beyond human and even your understanding. So I think if you just discredit everything you don't understand you have an ignorant point of view.

I don't discredit everything, but "the supernatural"? Let's get serious. Believing in ghosts and whatnot is no better than believing in Juju, which of course, is complete nonsense.

I hear and see weird crap all the time. In fact I "saw" ghosts one time after I took some medicine. Turns out that particular medicine makes you hallucinate.

Back