What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Giving a Talk in Brookfield Connecticut Tonight

If anyone is near Brookfield, Connecticut which is just north of Danbury, I'll be giving a CP talk at the Brookfield library tonight 7PM.

I'll have som things on display and a slew of CPs for sale too ( VFT bigmouths, helis, a coupla cephs, some neps, lotsa sarrs)

Good skill! And I hope you bring along an example of how to do dormancy in the Northeast.

Hey Jim -

Yup!! I have a slide (actually three) of the dormancy thing here in the Northeast.

Here's two:

Slide66.JPG

Slide68.JPG

Yes!!!!!:-D Isn't this pinned on TF?

LOL, Darlingtonia sleeping in bed.

Good luck with your talk. :)

Love that! Bill, you are very talented. I wish I were up that way...I'd love to hear the talk. Let us know how it goes. :)

Lol, I love the pic of the Darlingtonia sleeping.

WTG Wild Bill!!!!!!! educate those masses .well one little group at a time.
Love the darlingtonia with the lady bug cover.

The talk went well. There was about 17 people and 7 young kids, maybe 5 to 8 years who were VERY interested. One ran around and took pictures of every single plant on display.

One of the highlights was when I let each kid cut off a pitcher from a large S. oreophila. The we split them in half as the kids watched in sort of a scared yet delightful glee. Several had live flies that climbed out......"EEEWWWWWWWW". Fun stuff.

I raffled off 3 free plants, a VFT Bigmouth, a mature S. leucophylla, and a Cape Sundew. The library let me sell plants to help cover the cost of gas, so that was a nice bonus. The littlest girl was the most excited one and she kept grabbing things off the table to hand to her parents to get for her, including a Heli & a Ceph. I was like, "I don't think that's a beginner plant..." They bought an S. purp and a N. ventricosa - and also won the flytrap in the raffle.

That sounds so fun! I wish I'd been there.

I'll bet those kids will remember that for a looong time! I remember my first VFT when I was little.

Back