User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 10

Thread: What is this!?

  1. #1
    Capensis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Everywhere. Capensis everywhere.
    Posts
    4,046
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    What is this!?

    I have no idea where to put it so I guess it should go here. Sorry, I don't have a pic yet, but I'm getting weird stuff. I believe it might be fungus gnats, but I'm not sure. There's dense web-like substance in pots, but only in small areas. Then, what I believe are eggs of something, are little itty-bitty, white balls. I'm going to try to get a good pic. It can be found on the surface, all the way to the drainage holes
    Last edited by Capensis; 06-11-2008 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Didn't mention something.
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6789&dateline=1352508752

  2. #2
    Dog! maneatingmoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Seattle, Washington
    Posts
    705
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wtf? I don't know what those might be, but sometimes people who have pests say they put their plant under water for a day or two to drown the pests things. I don't know if this might work or not, I've never had to do it.
    The following statement is true.
    The above statement is false.
    My growing growlist of growing things

  3. #3
    Capensis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Everywhere. Capensis everywhere.
    Posts
    4,046
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maneatingmoo View Post
    Wtf? I don't know what those might be, but sometimes people who have pests say they put their plant under water for a day or two to drown the pests things. I don't know if this might work or not, I've never had to do it.
    If these are fungus gnats, then I don;t think trying to drown them will be a good idea.


    Anyways, here's a pic:
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6789&dateline=1352508752

  4. #4
    OMG h8 pings MrFlyTrap2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    DeKalb, IL
    Posts
    682
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not to sound curt, but posts of problem first pic later, really aren't helpful. It just spurs on a round of guessing with everyone. You're only hindering yourself by doing so. Someone who might know what your pest is, is probably busy themselves and not going to visit the same topic over and over and over for each update.

    You'll get a better response by taking your time, getting all your information, pics and such together and posting once.
    My Grow List

    "It is only by studying nature that can we ever hope to defeat it."

  5. #5
    Capensis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Everywhere. Capensis everywhere.
    Posts
    4,046
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFlyTrap2 View Post
    Not to sound curt, but posts of problem first pic later, really aren't helpful. It just spurs on a round of guessing with everyone. You're only hindering yourself by doing so. Someone who might know what your pest is, is probably busy themselves and not going to visit the same topic over and over and over for each update.

    You'll get a better response by taking your time, getting all your information, pics and such together and posting once.
    Sorry about that, it's really hard to get a pic of it.
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6789&dateline=1352508752

  6. #6
    OMG h8 pings MrFlyTrap2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    DeKalb, IL
    Posts
    682
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like a fungus of some sort, hard to tell with the out of focus pic.

    What are you growing, how are you doing it... etc etc...

    Just looks like white fungus though, improve airflow, wipe it off. You'll be good to go.
    My Grow List

    "It is only by studying nature that can we ever hope to defeat it."

  7. #7
    Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    7,506
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably fungus or mold. Scoop off as much as you can and treat with a fungicide. Unless you know what fungus it is it's a crap shoot on finding a fungicide that will work. If that's what it is.

    A dilute solution of alcohol or hydrogen peroxide might work but apply with care.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

  8. #8
    Capensis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Everywhere. Capensis everywhere.
    Posts
    4,046
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFlyTrap2 View Post
    Looks like a fungus of some sort, hard to tell with the out of focus pic.

    What are you growing, how are you doing it... etc etc...

    Just looks like white fungus though, improve airflow, wipe it off. You'll be good to go.
    At first, I found light webbing on my ping and I thought it was fungus gnats since gants were showing up. Then, after separating my bunch of ventratas, A cutting I took started to get it, too, which I found really weird. I gave both the ping and cutting a pesticide. Then, it started showing up on the two other pots on my window (also ventrata). I'm not sure if it's from lack of airflow, though. What's odd, though, is that the first webbing on my ping was different from the new ones. I suspect the soil I used (Peat/perlite). The little balls never showed up before.
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6789&dateline=1352508752

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •