Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Republicans looking out for the rich

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And turning food into fuel is completely idiotic from the get go. It's the dumbest idea to come along in a long long time.
    true but its a stepping stone to fuel from starch like switch grass.........besides at the moment if you take out high fructose corn syrup very lil of the corn crop goes twords food....its mainly used as livestock feed....i think last year only 14% of the total US corn crop went twords ethonal development which doesnt even come close to impacting what lil is used for food....and those screaming that it has impact cattle feed havent taken into consideration that the high price of a barrel of oil has more than doubled the cost of fertilizer(corn is a high nitrogen feeder), herbicides and pesticides as well as the fact all the machinery used to plant and harvest it runs on diesel.........that has a bigger impact on it than what little is used for ethonal in the past few years.......

There's a new bacteria that has been developed to produce fuel/oil from various types of waste and it shows a LOT of promise, but it's a ways off.
    uh dont it make more sense to just drill our offshore deposits....China's pumping out our oil from them off of Florida in Mexican waters using directional drilling but our all knowing congress says we cant......maybe the Chinese will be nice enough to sell us OUR OWN OIL.....
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Petroleum taxes don't cover government costs of road work, emergency services, police protection, military adventures, etc. that are necessary to maintain our transportation system. They don't even cover just the cost of roads.

We can never satisfy our wasteful energy use with anything other than petroleum and even petroleum isn't a long term solution. People have to cut back some day, whether by choice or not, and I think we should be the ones to bite the bullet, before we destroy everything chasing cheap energy.

If we tax petroleum at a rate high enough to cover society's costs, other energy sources can be cost-effective and, maybe if people don't drive ten miles in two tons of steel & plastic to get a loaf of bread, other energy sources will be enough.

By the way, I totally agree about the absurdity of turning food into fuel. That never was anything but a gift to the agricultural-industrial complex and has far-reaching and long-lasting repercussions.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BTW i just looked up only 12% of the total corn crop in the US is used for food every year....which is about the same as the amount used to make ethonal in 2007.....which means their is 75% of the corn crop that is mainly used to feed pigs and cows....though its not the only source of feed.....there is a plant 50 miles down the road that produces flax and canola oil...and they sell the waste for cattle feed as fast as they can produce it cause feed lot owners say the cattle like it better and they put on weight faster than when fed corn.....other than for high fructose corn syrup for sweets very lil corn is actually eaten in the US every year......and actually lots of farmers are switching to soybeans faster than they are corn cause soybeans are less labor intensive and farmers stand to make a better profit cause being a legume they dont have to dump near the fertilizer on it as corn.....soybean acreage is growing faster than corn
    cervid serial killer
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Republicans looking out for the rich? That's not news!
    - NeciFiX

Hort. School dropout X 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jest a thoought. I don't have time to read allyour post, maybe someone has already said this.
    This is my opinion in a nutshell

Bush from texas + oil =
    I think that you all are intelligent and can figure out how to finish this
    Every seed that you plant ,doesn't sprout.
    Every seed that sprouts, doesn't make it to maturity.
    Every cutting that you stick doesn't grow roots.
    Every cutting that roots doesn't grow to a small plant.
    Every small plant doesn't reach maturity.

Who needs speelcheck?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alien1099 View Post
    Ergo when the .gov taxes a company more they are actually taxing YOU more. You should not be happy about such idiocy. Of course people will cheer though.
    Alien, we realize that corporate taxes are passed on to consumers. It's just a different kind of tax. Like user fees at parks or bridge tolls. Corporate taxes exist so this fictitious entity called a corporation is not able to shield, grow, spend, invest, an otherwise manipulate money, for the ultimate benefit of shareholders, without paying tax. It's only fair. Most of us are not personally incorporated, so we are taxed on our wages via the income tax. If we were rich, we could form corporations, which if they were not taxed, could accumulate money the same way as an individual like you or me would, year after year, tax free. That would give corporations (groups of shareholders) tax-free earnings for as long as they want, while at the same time shielding the participants from personal liability. It's just an unfair tax dodge for those who have the luxury of "incorporating" their earning power.

If anything, corporate rates should model the personal income tax rates.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NeciFiX View Post
    Republicans looking out for the rich? That's not news!
    actually both sides look out for themselves equally well.....the dems do everything to keep themselves in power and money in their pockets.....actually its extreamly rare to find a politician that doesnt.....so claiming the repubs do it is leaving out the facts that most democrats likely have huge amounts of money tied up in oil company stocks aswell....hell any good portfolio does........
    cervid serial killer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rattler_mt View Post
    actually both sides look out for themselves equally well.....the dems do everything to keep themselves in power and money in their pockets.....actually its extreamly rare to find a politician that doesnt.....so claiming the repubs do it is leaving out the facts that most democrats likely have huge amounts of money tied up in oil company stocks aswell....hell any good portfolio does........
    Yes, but, at least Democrats look out for the poor. Both suck in different ways. Democrats are the FAR lesser of the two evils. I'm an Independent myself, lean democratic.
    - NeciFiX

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast