Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Question about gas prices

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trapper7 View Post
    This is a good discussion....but the outcome still sucks, lol.

PAK: No, that was just an example price. The Chevron up the street is selling gas for $3.97, but at another gas station that's near my husbands work it's only $3.84, so he gets it there.

They said the price of gas will be at $4 by the 4th of July. It's already there, so does that mean it'll be at $5 instead?
    Wow... Ours is already around 4.50 a gallon (give or take 5 cents).
    - Daniel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nepenthes View Post
    I hear that. I remember a while back when we had all the hurricanes hit Florida and I was gawking at some price gougers selling gas at 5 dollars a gallon.... At the time I thought that was ridiculous. Now, here in LA, I won't bat an eyelash when we cap 5 bucks. Sigh, I remember the good ol' days in Florida with $.98 gas....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just wait till it hits 200 dollars a barrel at the end of the year.

oh yea I just thought about it too

remember you old folks, when you could just fill up a tank of gas and go on road trips?

How many of us younger generations can do this now? We have to plan months in advance!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nepenthes View Post
    I think California has one of the highest prices for gas right now. Florida is still one of the lowest, so far.
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Front page of the paper here yesterday declared something about the government predicting gas averages with peak at $4.15 and will probably stay around there for 1 or 2 years.

ahem...ok, now just how do they know this??

Unfortunately nobody will ever be honest with us. So far stories have said that one of the most powerful men involved with US gas prices has thrown his support behind Obama and wants to ensure that no one votes Republican by hiking the gas through the roof and beyond. He's predicted that the bubble won't last much longer. I've also heard that the world is just using too much oil to meet the demand. Then there is always the idea that rich financial guys are sitting around causing it to go up on speculation.

The responsible party (not political party, but rather organization or individual most responsible) will never come forward and it is so hard to find a media outlet that doesn't throw around phrases like "The LIBERALS are responsible for..." and "if the CONSERVATIVES continue..." that you really can't trust anything since it all seems rather biased. Kinda like Congress and the House of Reps, those *******s.....

that word is probably gonna get censored

The gas stations that I wrote about yesterday that were about 15 cents less than stations of the SAME company a few miles away eventually caught up at $3.99. At least two of them were around $3.84 earlier yesterday while the others were around $3.95

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well what I have always wondered is, if you have two gas stations across the street from each other and both have prices of $3.85. Why doesn't one of them lower there price by 10-15 cents? It makes sense that people would go out of there way to pay a few penny's less per gallon. so you would come out making more from the numbers of costumers per day. I know if I were driving and saw a sign $3.85 and looked 100 FT away and saw $3.75 I would definitely take the time to turn around and go to the cheaper place. Does that make since?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    here in washington, its pretty bad
    4.34 regular
    4.44 midgrade or w.e its called
    and 4.54 for premium....
    uhg....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So far stories have said that one of the most powerful men involved with US gas prices
    you do realize its a bunch of twenty-somethings controlling the price of gas dont you? petroleum is traded on the world market not set by oil companies......its day trader types speculating what is going to happen in the middle east that are affecting the price of gas.....hell if i had about $10,000,000 to throw around in the stock market i could tweak the price of a barrel of oil for a day or two driving it higher.........
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast