Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Myspace

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Myspace

my profile use to be private, now it's public. Tell me what you think, can you tell I'm a cp fanatic?

http://www.myspace.com/d_muscipula
    view my growlist
    http://grwlist.notlong.com

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel the same as last time:

Quote Originally Posted by xvart View Post
    Honestly, it's way, way too busy. I find it difficult to read and all the pictures scattered all over the place makes it hard to follow the flow. I'm also not a fan of the windows within windows. You've got some nice pictures, though.

xvart.
    In addition, the font is near impossible to read because of the background, and scrolling with the wheel on my mouse wasn't happening because of all the windows within windows.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have trouble reading the text highlight it with your mouse. I made it blue so portions of the text would not blend in with the red color of the background picture. The page scrolls with my mouse wheel, maybe it's your computer.
    view my growlist
    http://grwlist.notlong.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I second xvart that the text color needs to change. In all the computer classes I've taken one of the things they stress is to pick your text color carefully. The one you picked is extremely hard to read and I didn't even bother looking at your site much because I didn't want to have to strain my eyes. As far as highlighting the text goes; I guess I could but why waist my time when there's millions of other sites out there I can read just fine?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with the other comments,the text needs changing.Other than that it looks good to me.

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D_muscipula View Post
    If you have trouble reading the text highlight it with your mouse. I made it blue so portions of the text would not blend in with the red color of the background picture.
    My point is I don't want to have to highlight anything when I'm trying to get information. It's a step that is annoying, especially in some places when it is difficult to see where the text starts and stops. I might "highlight" half a word or sentence, not knowing where to start.

Quote Originally Posted by D_muscipula View Post
    The page scrolls with my mouse wheel, maybe it's your computer.
    It's not my computer. Let me clarify: You have several "windows" within "windows," i.e. "my friends," "my photos," etc. When I wheel down and my pointer comes over one of those windows, it then scrolls through that entire window, and then once at the bottom of, for example, "who I'd like to meet," it resumes scrolling through the main page.

It's difficult to read and navigate. If you want to convey information, make it easy to ready and easy to navigate. If you want to create a page with all sorts of bells and whistles, then you're doing fine.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mine is pretty easy and legible. the point is to have contrasting colors... except red and green which i am never able to see very well together as text and background. the only problem with mine is that it goes too far to the right. bleh.

www.myspace.com/tripplenippleguy

too much going on at one time will make it crazy for viewers. keep it sweet and simple.

Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast