User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 9 to 16 of 24

Thread: Track Days, Its Not Just Another GT "Red Hot Cherry"

  1. #9

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Posts
    2,251
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who's saying anything about a girl?? The person with the quickest car wins, no matter the gender :P.

    Maybe its just me, but if someone can explain the advantages of a FWD car with the above mods vs something RWD or especially AWD...then I'm all ears. I had a 68 Nova SS clone w/ a ton of mods, but unfortunately never got to turbo it (I was in HS = broke). A TT 350 is pretty beast, had I had idk..2 grand or so.
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

  2. #10
    Cardiac Nurse JB_OrchidGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    3,818
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sweet car. way to go. My Brother in law used to race in my old Nissan pickup at the drag strip. Don't recall how good he did, but i am sure it was not like your car. He is now doing 4 cylinder oval tracks in Idaho and doing well I hear.

    Keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing the pictures. I wish I didn't have a ton of other things I wanted to do. Then i might have the time to learn about that kind of stuff.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

  3. #11
    Illinois droseraguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,115
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice pics ladies ! I wouldn't want to get to close to you all at stop light.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and The American G. I. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
    Romans 10: 9-13
    Growlist http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index...04&#entry90304

  4. #12

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Saugatuck, MI
    Posts
    79
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phissionkorps View Post
    Who's saying anything about a girl?? The person with the quickest car wins, no matter the gender :P.

    Maybe its just me, but if someone can explain the advantages of a FWD car with the above mods vs something RWD or especially AWD...then I'm all ears. I had a 68 Nova SS clone w/ a ton of mods, but unfortunately never got to turbo it (I was in HS = broke). A TT 350 is pretty beast, had I had idk..2 grand or so.
    Some of the advantages of a FWD vs. RWD is that I am pulling as opposed to pushing. It is easier to get traction in a FWD because all the weight of the motor is over the drive tires. The advantage of RWD over FWD is that when the car launches, the weight distribution goes to the back as the car rocks backwards off the launch. As far as AWD, they get good traction because they have all 4 tires to do it with instead of just 2. However they are slower in the top end because they have to distribute power to all 4 tires when I just have to distribute power to 2 tires.

    I understand what you are saying about the gender thing, but most people look at a female in a car and automatically assumes that they can't drive it just because they are a female. I am loving, breathing proof that it is not always true!
    Northern Michigan All Car Drag Team *Vice President*
    Personal Best 1/4 mile: 12.76 @ 106.11 mph
    Personal Best 1/8 mile: 8.13 @ 81 mph
    Gone V8 Hunting.....be back in 12 Seconds!!!!!

  5. #13

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Posts
    2,251
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to work with a lady who's family used to race a lot. They had a 30something Chevy (can't remember exactly) that ran low 8's that they made her drive, because she had a faster reflex than her brother, lol!

    I never took my Nova to the track. Probably ran like a 12 though. I stripped everything off it that wasn't absolutely necessary. Friends didn't like no AC, no radio, and only 2 seats . I wasn't too popular in the neighborhood the time I ran open headers either lol.

    Also in regards to FWD, don't you have not such a diverse range of options for suspension? When I drove w/ the leaf springs, traction was almost nonexistent, but when I converted to Chris Alston Chassisworks ladderbars + coilovers, it was immensely more awesome.
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

  6. #14

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Saugatuck, MI
    Posts
    79
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phissionkorps View Post
    I used to work with a lady who's family used to race a lot. They had a 30something Chevy (can't remember exactly) that ran low 8's that they made her drive, because she had a faster reflex than her brother, lol!

    I never took my Nova to the track. Probably ran like a 12 though. I stripped everything off it that wasn't absolutely necessary. Friends didn't like no AC, no radio, and only 2 seats . I wasn't too popular in the neighborhood the time I ran open headers either lol.

    Also in regards to FWD, don't you have not such a diverse range of options for suspension? When I drove w/ the leaf springs, traction was almost nonexistent, but when I converted to Chris Alston Chassisworks ladderbars + coilovers, it was immensely more awesome.
    To a point we have a choice for suspension, but not a wide selection like a lot of RWD cars. They do make a performance suspension kit for our cars from GMPP (General Motors Performance Parts) that stiffens up the struts, has larger diameter sway bars and meatier trailing arms. Other than that, at least for the Grand Prix's, we don't have a lot of choices. They do make an adjustable strut for our cars so you can adjust how firm it is for the track and for the street. There are also people that put blocks between the rungs of the spring to hold the rear end in the air to help with weight distribution. Hope this answers your questions a little.
    Northern Michigan All Car Drag Team *Vice President*
    Personal Best 1/4 mile: 12.76 @ 106.11 mph
    Personal Best 1/8 mile: 8.13 @ 81 mph
    Gone V8 Hunting.....be back in 12 Seconds!!!!!

  7. #15

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Posts
    2,251
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes it does, thanks.
    I guess you don't have much room for tubbing though
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

  8. #16

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Saugatuck, MI
    Posts
    79
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phissionkorps View Post
    Yes it does, thanks.
    I guess you don't have much room for tubbing though
    Not unless I want to do a RWD conversoin or push my car down the track!
    Northern Michigan All Car Drag Team *Vice President*
    Personal Best 1/4 mile: 12.76 @ 106.11 mph
    Personal Best 1/8 mile: 8.13 @ 81 mph
    Gone V8 Hunting.....be back in 12 Seconds!!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •