Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Track Days, Its Not Just Another GT "Red Hot Cherry"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice pictures, and nice car to boot. My uncle loves those cars. In you engin mods pics is your car stock with the EDIS-6? or is that part of the upgrade? I've been looking for a factory EDIS-6 ssytem I could canibilize and if GM makes it I coudl easily use that....hmmm

its not easier to get traction in FF just because the engin is over the front wheels, as soon as you launch alot of the weight is transfered to the rear....hmm I've never heard anyone claim that, and alot of my friends race FF

I've dragged FR, FF, and RR (dads porsche). And the FF was the hardest to regulate traction even with the micky tomps...

I'm actually not too into dragging but do it ocasionally, I do more autox and fwd in an autox actually can be very good those mini coopers tear it up at the BMWCCA events. My whole family race such as yourself, Myself with a turbo e30, my sister with an M3 and my dad with a porsche 930 (turbo 911). Its a great family hobby and its always great to see fellow racers....

I wish I had some recent pictures of my car but here are some fairly old ones

I actually went back to a less agressive looking bumper....

and my stroked 2.8 liter turbo motor mid install, and very dirty....... 1.3 bar = lots of fun....

older pic with old bumper next to my cars archnemisis, my dads 930....

https://www.instagram.com/hull.jess/ (I post pics of my plants there)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip_Side_the_Pint View Post
    Very nice pictures, and nice car to boot. My uncle loves those cars. In you engin mods pics is your car stock with the EDIS-6? or is that part of the upgrade? I've been looking for a factory EDIS-6 ssytem I could canibilize and if GM makes it I coudl easily use that....hmmm

its not easier to get traction in FF just because the engin is over the front wheels, as soon as you launch alot of the weight is transfered to the rear....hmm I've never heard anyone claim that, and alot of my friends race FF

I've dragged FR, FF, and RR (dads porsche). And the FF was the hardest to regulate traction even with the micky tomps...

I'm actually not too into dragging but do it ocasionally, I do more autox and fwd in an autox actually can be very good those mini coopers tear it up at the BMWCCA events. My whole family race such as yourself, Myself with a turbo e30, my sister with an M3 and my dad with a porsche 930 (turbo 911). Its a great family hobby and its always great to see fellow racers....
    I am not sure what you mean by a EDIS-6 system as I do not know anything about BMW's or Porsche's. I know that the Pontiac Grand Prix GT and GTP comes stock with a 3800 V6 as the power plant.

If you read the post that I made on the traction issue I did not say that it easier to get traction in a FWD "just because" the engine is over the front wheels....I said that it helps. I know that when you launch the weight distribution shifts towards the rear. That is our downfall as a FWD. I have found though that it is a little easier as a FWD because you are biting into the pavement with your tires as opposed to trying to push the whole car in a RWD. I have not had an issue with traction in my car since getting my Hoosier slicks. I can hit a 1.8 60' with little effort on my part. As long as you heat them up good and do not peel the tires after you burn them you can get a good launch. I have launched my car so hard that it actually snaps my head back!
    Northern Michigan All Car Drag Team *Vice President*
    Personal Best 1/4 mile: 12.76 @ 106.11 mph
    Personal Best 1/8 mile: 8.13 @ 81 mph
    Gone V8 Hunting.....be back in 12 Seconds!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No way I could afford gas in this thing now.
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phissionkorps View Post

No way I could afford gas in this thing now.
    *DROOL* That car is B-E-A-UTIFUL!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    didn't your parents sell that car PK?
    view my growlist
    http://grwlist.notlong.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, well the EDIS-6 is just part of your ignition system I can see it sitting there on you valve cover and has nothing to do with BMW/porsches. Its the part your spark plug wires plug into (not the spark plug itself but the coil packs).

Just was wondering if you knew the part number or something. using the edis-6 isn't specific to bmw/porsche its just a type of ignition and since I no longer use the factory ECU/DME I can pretty much use anything I want, and I like how neatly your EDIS-6 looks instead of using individuals, all the coil packs are nicely situated on one board...
    https://www.instagram.com/hull.jess/ (I post pics of my plants there)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip_Side_the_Pint View Post
    Oh, well the EDIS-6 is just part of your ignition system I can see it sitting there on you valve cover and has nothing to do with BMW/porsches. Its the part your spark plug wires plug into (not the spark plug itself but the coil packs).

Just was wondering if you knew the part number or something. using the edis-6 isn't specific to bmw/porsche its just a type of ignition and since I no longer use the factory ECU/DME I can pretty much use anything I want, and I like how neatly your EDIS-6 looks instead of using individuals, all the coil packs are nicely situated on one board...
    So you are referring to the ICM with the coil packs sitting on top of it. I can get you a part number if you are interested. I know that they have a bracket that it sits on that attaches to the side of the head.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a couple more pics and specs from a diff thread: (don't laugh at my dirty engine lol)
    I just remembered that someone asked me over a month ago to post pics of my old Nova. I can't remember who it was, so here ya go:

1968 Chevy Nova SS (clone):

1969 LT1 (from a Corvette)

That was before I got the $2,000 suspension lol. I can't find a pic with that in unfortunately.
    350 LT1 from a 69 vette
    750 cfm Edelbrock carb (I think it was 750, can't remember for sure)
    dual plane intake manifold
    aluminum heads
    diff cam...not sure what though since it was there when I bought it
    full electronic ignition
    Moroso 7qt pan w/ trapdoor
    double roller timing chain
    diff headers...can't remember what though
    24" glass packs (dual exhaust of course)
    Chris Alston Chassisworks ladder bars w/ coilovers kit
    SS trim
    totally stripped except the 3 seats and the dashboard. Didn't have A/C, power steering, or any of that other nonsense. The thing pulled tires if you floored it from a stop. Only about 1", but it was cool anyway. I had about 8k in that car and my parents sold it from under my nose when I was in Germany for about half of that.
    didn't your parents sell that car PK?
    Yep. Notice the pic is from 2004 lol.

Before my Nova, I used to drive a MINT 68 4-door Impala. It was seafoam exterior and interior. AM radio only lol. I loved those big lumbering beasts. I got about 8mpg in both of them. I can't imagine a $64 fill up 2 or 3x a week.
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123