Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Track Days, Its Not Just Another GT "Red Hot Cherry"

Norhtern Michigan Dragway Mama *Barracuda_45*'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Track Days, Its Not Just Another GT "Red Hot Cherry"

We would like to share our love and passion other than CP's with you all..
    SMOKIN UM BABY!!!!!! Track days heres just a few pics of our pride and joy "Red Hot Cherry" our beloved Pontiac Grand Prix GT shes not just your ordinary car.. She has along way to go and has come along way since the day we got her, she is just shy of being in the 8's on a 8th mile track, although alot of people spend there time drag racing on a quarter mile track we are devoted to our home track up here in Northern Michigan, its easier on your car, funer times, GREAT FOLKS and FANTASTIC memories. When we know what she can do after we get a few more mods done to her she will then move to a quarter mile track but we will continue to race at Northern Michigan Dragway. Trophey classes are comming up for us on the 28th since this past race was canceled do to rain. She is in the top 9 sec class. GP_Princess will be in the top 8 sec class.
    She can light um up and smoke just as good as anyone else.. GO BABY!!! Just past races few weeks ago.. 9.1

And this is last yrs "many 9 sec trophey winner" in his Mustang and Cherry beat him several times this day. Another 9.1 race for Cherry..

and against a import back in spring and beat it...

Engine mod work being done..

Last yr at the dragway.. And yes we do drag racing late at night under lights...

and i will post more in a reply..
    Hey buddy wana run, LETS GO!
    Northern Michigan All Car Drag Team *PRESIDENT*
    Red Hot Cherry's "NEW" PB 8.741 GO CHERRY! & "5" 1st place trophy wins 9 sec class.
    www.nmacdt.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Smokey burnout contest..

Convoy to the races.

Hubby against GP_Princess...

and "Red Hot Cherry" her self...

I will get new pics of the races on the 20th and 28th and i hope to have a video of her racing come then that i can post so you can see what she can really do... Im sure GP_Princess will chime in on this thread as soon as she gets home from Michigan International Speedway..

ENJOY!!!!!
    Red Hot Cherry's "NEW" PB 8.741 GO CHERRY! & "5" 1st place trophy wins 9 sec class.
    www.nmacdt.com

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a cool car. I had a grand prix many years ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn that thing is fast.
    JW, but why would you make a drag car out of a FWD? I mean really...aren't your appropriate suspension options limited compared to RWD? Plus, is it not harder to get good traction, esp from a start? The only FWD drag cars I've seen have all been imports, which I've never really been impressed with. Actually the only drag imports I've found impressive are the AWD Subarus and Audis.
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never had any interest in drag racing, but think it's awesome that you're into it and get involved. That do-it-yourself thing used to be the cornerstone of racing American cars, until NASCAR convinced racing fans to park their butts on couches or grandstands and root for a number or a focus group-tested driver personality.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know anything about drag racing but, like Bruce said, really cool you have so much fun with it. Pretty car.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As soon as I can get some pics of my car at the track this year I will post them up. As far as making a drag car out of a FWD.....I am proof that it can be done....and done by a girl too! I have a 99' Grand Prix GT that has a supercharger, intercooler, race tranny, big cam, big injectors, slicks, and a few other things and I can run a 13.01 seconds in a quarter mile! I hit 8.3 seconds in an eighth mile. I also can get a 1.89 seconds 60 foot which is VERY respectable.....especially for a FWD. To top it all off this car was built and is driven by a girl!
    Northern Michigan All Car Drag Team *Vice President*
    Personal Best 1/4 mile: 12.76 @ 106.11 mph
    Personal Best 1/8 mile: 8.13 @ 81 mph
    Gone V8 Hunting.....be back in 12 Seconds!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP_Princess View Post
    As soon as I can get some pics of my car at the track this year I will post them up. As far as making a drag car out of a FWD.....I am proof that it can be done....and done by a girl too! I have a 99' Grand Prix GT that has a supercharger, intercooler, race tranny, big cam, big injectors, slicks, and a few other things and I can run a 13.01 seconds in a quarter mile! I hit 8.3 seconds in an eighth mile. I also can get a 1.89 seconds 60 foot which is VERY respectable.....especially for a FWD. To top it all off this car was built and is driven by a girl!
    Thats right YOU GO GIRL!!!!! VERY PROUD OF YAZ Jen!!!! thats right she built her GP and can drive with the best of um. People dont realize what the have when they buy a Grand Prix, the best yrs was 97 thru 2003. And thanks to GP_Princess our GP was modified the way we want her done. Complete top swap/super charger, HD tranny, 1.9 roller rockers & pushrods, #105 springs, Cat/Ubend/Delete, Royal Purple Synthetic oil, Power log, reprogramed by ZZP, Cold air intake, 106 T stat, gona drop down to a 3.4 pulley and install a 3" down pipe and a few more mods.. I will make sure to take plenty of pics at the up comming races. Jen you know dad and i love racing with you at NMD. Will have to get a little vid of you and dad racing against each other in "test and tune" and show um how you can LIGHT UM UP!!! As for FWD all ya need to do, get in that burn box and warm up them tires real good and make the right launch.
    www.nmacdt.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast