Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: North Texas CP Society

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be going to medical school at TCOM. I'll be less than a mile from Sundance Square, and about 3 miles from the botanic gardens.
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Knuckles, any ideas for a meeting place? Perhaps you've been in Dallas for a while. I moved here last month. Man, the plants are 'sweating' it out there!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to give y'all an update:

It's possible we could hold the meetings at the Fort Worth Botanical Gardens (FWBG) http://www.fwbg.org/. I'm going there next weekend, probably, I'll take some pictures and post them here afterwards. Phissionkorps has taken the initiative (with everything I might add) and called them: they will only charge a total of $20 for 4 hours. It's possible we could hold the meetings in the orchid room.

A tentative agenda could include a silent auction of CPs and CP-related stuff. As well as a show table for folks to show off their plants. We could also have some presentations about growing different CPs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not to steal Phission's thunder, but is there one near Houston or Sugar Land (my permanent addy). Guess there's the Gulf Coast CP Society, right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know that this post is two years old but is anyone still interested in doing this or is it still going on?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Let's do this. It has to start somewhere. I'm going on vacation soon, to be back middle of October.

Let's plan on having the first meeting at my house, Sunday, October 31 at noon.

I have a greenhouse chock full of CPs, two indoor terrariums, and three aquariums (one with some aldrovanda)...hopefully enough to get everyone their CP fix. Everyone could bring some plants to show off, and depending on the number of people and the interest, we can have a silent auction...or just make some swaps. I'll definitely have some plants for sale or giveaway. I have a grill and patio area, so we can barbecue some dogs and burgers.

If you are interested in attending, PM me or email me at ponga_andreia@yahoo.com and I'll give you the address (to give you an idea of the location, it's in northeast Dallas near White Rock Lake).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, not a single response. Not even from the person who asked recently about getting this started again. Disappointing. I know from experience that it can be a lot of fun and rewarding to get-together (in person) with other CP growers and trade or sell plants, talk about growing tips, check out each others collections, etc. Sorry, but I don't have the energy to try this again. If anyone else wants to try, I wish you good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Getting that critical mass of people & a supporting org to keep it going is a significant undertaking. Even though I know of many CP'ers who are within a comfortable drive of the NYC-area, no one has been able to get a successful society going around here. Amazing.
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast