What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Guess it is mostly official now.

• Thread starter Pyro
  • Start date

Pyro

N=R* fs fp ne fl fi fc L
P6180004.jpg

outstanding achievement mate!
:clap:

Av

Daniel Jackson: Why would someone with two PhD's become a teamster?
Samantha Carter: I don't know. More money, I guess

hehehehehe ;)

Nicely done man! Congrats!

Congrats! :banana2:

I'm generally not a user of smileys, but we'll put that on hold for the time being. This deserves it!

CONGRATS, DUDE!!!!!!!!!!

:woot: :clap: :clap:

Awesome! Congratulation Travis!! You've worked really hard for this.

:clap: Well done. :clap:

Another milestone. Congratulations!

Wooow pretty impressive. Nice one man well done, micro biology, Im jelious :D

Congratulations, but don't they teach superstition in school anymore? Let people know on the 24th because there's a minimum of five people who can take shots at you and who knows which one or more of them might be having a bad day on the 23rd.

You'll know, but for those that don't, one strain of B. subtilis is marketed as Serenade, a biological fungicide. It's the final disease spray I use on my fruit trees in the spring and the idea is that it colonizes plants and prevents bad microbes from becoming established. It's a bacterial workhorse and exploited for all kinds of other things too, such as PhD research.

Good luck and what's the next step for you? I hope my daughter goes into microbiology or biochemsitry, but I know that if she realizes that, she'll decide to be a business major.

Congratulations, Travis!

Holy Crap that was alot of work !! Well done man ! :banana2:

Hey there Travis,
what an accomplishment. good job done.
Thanx so much in sharing it with all of us on TF
Lois

Congrats Bro, wow, I can't imagine how you do all the things you manage, all them plants, all that lernin, truly impressive man, good show!!!

That's awesome... the idea of graduate school terrifies me. :D
~Joe

PS - I'm waiting for the pdf. ;P

why is it mostly official, looks 100% official to me, so congrats!

Thanks all for the support :-D It really is appreciated.

@ Bruce, I am already sort of at the next step. Been at my new job since the beginning of the month, this was just the soonest I could get all of my committee together in one place at one time. I am now at Ga Tech doing systems biology. It is still microbial genetics but on a larger scale than the 150 bases I have been focused on for the past 6 years.

@ Joe, PDF of my thesis? Dunno if they will be making that but if you want something to read try accessing this:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/...ez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum

Or, if you are really really bored and have time to kill I can forward you the word file of my thesis once it has been through the school system.

@ Ant, it is only mostly official because there is still all the bureaucratic paperwork to finish off. I swear there are like 3 kg of the stuff...

Thanks again to everyone :-D

Wow! How did I miss this? That's incredible. I bet it's a nice load off your chest. Congrats!

xvart.

Travis you never cease to make us proud. Good for you man...and good for us!

how positively pompous.

:p dude that's awesome. I'm just glad to see where you ended up. Maybe I'll stop by for some kind of alumni something or other. Perhaps if my fraternity ever got a house...

Back