What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The forum is back :D and the nasc auction...

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
Hello everyone, well, the forum went down, I worked my butt of for over 2 days I wake up this morning to find the forum up but NO topics viewable! I called the server people again to make sure they were done and me trying to "fix" it wasn't just messing with what they were doing, and yes... they were done. So, I contacted the forum people they told me what to do and BAM!! It's back :) I'm told the HDD went FUBAR so they loaded a new drive (a bigger drive, so later tonight they're moving everything back to a new drive of the correct size) and moved everything over. He mentioned a 24hr back up occoured, but looking at posts, it did not (THANK YOU!!!)

Also, the NASC auction was preserved up to the last bid (made by GP_Princess 8 mins prior auction close.) I am keeping that forum hidden until the NASC folks say they are ready to have it opened. As far as I know they're not looking to reopen it, but I'm keeping it hidden until they say that is correct... Because of this fluke in the posts not being viewable... even for the short time the forum was up before I hid the auction, no one could read the topics due to the issue I mention above.

So with no further stalling... Welcome back HOME! (terraforums IS home right?hehe)

Andrew

Good to be back :). Now to figure out who the dirty snipers are...

Daniel

Welcome back! I'm glad everything is back up and I'm sorry you've had this stress for the past couple of days.

YAY for TF's return!

Huzzah! You've saved us all, Fearless Leader!
~Joe

glad to have it back up and running again!

Thanks for everything you do to to keep this forum up and running; I run a small (20 person) forum and it requires a bit of maintenance... I can only imagine how much time you must spend on the forum. So... Thanks for everything you do!

I love it. Come back to see the chatbox with people chatting about plants, topics about bassoonists, trades being conducted... It's like nothing ever happened. Welcome home, indeed! Thanks, Andrew!

xvart.

Andrew works VERY hard on running this forum and deserves a ton of credit! And also a lot of thanks for allowing the Auction to run here.

:clap: :clap: :rookwoot:

Glad to see it back up and running. I hope the NASC folks find everything satisfactory. I'm dying to find out if and what I won.

Congratulations! :boogie:
A lot of folks felt so disconnected for a while there!
Your work is well appreciated.

I missed everybody. :sniff:

:hug:

I missed everybody. :sniff:

:hug:

Here Here!! I second that and very very happy the forums are back up and running THANKS TONS ANDREW! BIG CP HUGS TO YOU!!! :hail: :boogie: :banana2:
How do we go about getting the info on whom to send the Dune Ride package to? Is there a list as to what GP_Princess won as we know nothing at this point.. :blush: :blush:

It's good to be back :-D I missed you guys! Thanks for all you do Andrew! :woot: :bigthumpup:

I am so glad the forum is up and running again! I felt so lost these past 2 days... and now I'm found, haha. Thanks Andrew for your hard work, and for allowing us to have a place, a community where we can learn, teach, hang out, and relax!

It feels so good to be back. Thank you so much Andrew for all your hard work!

Thanks adnedarn!

Thanks Andy! It feels good to be back.

However, in the absence of TF I cleaned my room, walked the dogs every day, filed my taxes for the next three years, repotted all of my plants, volunteered as a fire fighter, read religious texts, got caught up on all current events, mowed my lawn, mowed my neighbor's (their their neighbor's) lawn, got addicted to coke, wrote a memoir, and then finally woke up this morning.

But now I can finally productive again! Good to be back.

Thanks everyone, I try. Hopefully the problems are behind us.. but.... Auction is open :D ...mods have full access to auction, members can read and search the auction... If you cannot- please PM me. -Andrew

Back