What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The ENDING of the NASC AUCTION

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
Hi everybody

Well, as I guess most of you know, there was a server glitch just minutes before the close of our Benefit Auction. I know this left a lot of disappointed bidders but it was something beyond our, and Andrew's, control. I can assure you there is nobody who feels worse about than me. :(

There has been much discussion as to what to do about it. The decision is to leave the Auction bids as they are. The rules stated the auction ends by TIME...10 p.m. There is no way we could reopen the auction and "recreate" who was there at the time and have it be fair to those who high bidders at 10 p.m.

Pretty much, no matter how we go with it, somebody isn't going to be happy. And I'm very sorry. There is no way to make everybody happy in this situation.

Also, having a "do-over" for the end will just delay even futher getting the plants shipped out and its later into June now.

So, we will have Andrew open the forums back up. The Auction will be CLOSED. Last legal bid before 10 p.m. is the bid that is honored.

I hope everyone understands this was a computer thing that could have happened anywhere...including eBay. We lost out on funds because of the lost "sniping" time...and some people lost out on bidding for what they really wanted.

But the GOOD NEWS is an awful lot of VERY generous people helped both NASC and Splinter Hill Bog. :D

THANK YOU ALL for your support and understanding. We'll have Andrew open the forum up for viewing so y'all can see if you won stuff!

Umm...so....did anyone enjoy the SUSPENSE of not knowing what you won?? :D

:crap:

After the auction went down I felt like....:cuss: and :comp: and :headwall: and :drunk: and :sorry: and... :cry: .

I can't wait to find out!

I was like :scratch: and then ??? , but then :0o: . So I :poke: and then :hail:

It's killing me to know what my moss sold for! I couldn't believe it once it hit fifty bucks, not counting shipping!

I wasn't going to pick out the few sparse weeds and sticks that were in it, but for fifty bucks that's the least I could do.

At least TF is back up. I got a few things last year. I wanted a few seeds this year that I had picked out because I don't feel comfortable with big live plants since all of them are hard to care for over the winter... eh, I guess I can start my collection over from seed next year or get seeds from eBay. I don't know if I won the "Drosera starter pack" lol.

My blood pressure shot up a few points. The suspense is the worst. I really don't care whether or not I won what I was bidding on just as long as the NASC and Splinter Hill get the cabbage!

By the way, when will we know?

lol @ Michael.

The forums are hidden right now mainly because Mr. Treasurer Dave is gathering information on the winners. It's easier for him to do under the cloak of darkness. Once he gets the info he needs, Andrew can open it up.

Heh, I think I missed my snipe on the N. Ramispina cutting by like, 2 minutes. Oh well... It's funny how the server couldn't have crashed at say..... 10:01 pm....? The internet god sniped the snipers...

:)

I was the same way ya'll. I was like :crap:, but luckily I was in the car on the way to a friends house when it went down, so my computer was spared :comp: , hee hee! As soon as I got to my friends house I checked her computer to make sure it wasn't just the one at home messing up.
The malfunction sure as heck sucked, but we did raise a bunch of money for the cause, and we can all feel GREAT about that!:boogie:
I love that this awesome hobby/obsession has led me to a community of truly nice people!
HUG!!

-Sara

I probably didn't win anything,got my primuliflora potted,3 capensis is going to be bare rooted then something else I threw in umm I don't remember a binata ?

I just need to run off for a while to do a little work. I wouldn't want to miss my second window of opertunity.

i hope i got them seeds :)

I really don't care whether or not I won what I was bidding on just as long as the NASC and Splinter Hill get the cabbage!

I have to agree on that, its very very important that we help in anyway we can to get the funds needed for the Splinter Hill Bog and we as hobbiests/growers/cultivators keep these jewels of the world alive and growing and protected!!!

Any notion how long it will take to get the NASC results? Probably a number of us who are either donating or receiving plants will be away for the Fourth . . .

I am really thrilled to see that everyone is excited about helping Splinter Hill. :)

I want to see who won what too.

Clint...you could support yourself on moss. lol

Just saw your post BigBella. I am hoping the auction will be open soon (today). Depends on how long it takes Dave to get his spreadsheet info.

Heh, I think I missed my snipe on the N. Ramispina cutting by like, 2 minutes. Oh well... It's funny how the server couldn't have crashed at say..... 10:01 pm....? The internet god sniped the snipers...

What was your bid going to be? I was ready to click send and snag that bad boy.

xvart.

without reading this topic...

....mods have full access to auction, members can read and search the auction... If you cannot- please PM me. -Andrew

I wasn't able to log in from 7pm Central onwards. That's a bit more than a few minutes ;)

well, as you see by bids... the forum was down 8 mins till. Don't know what was up with you :) The first error on the server reported was at 9:58:30 PM by seedjar... it was HIS fault!

Back