User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: *PLANTS STOLEN* Help find the thief.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Paroubek View Post
    Hi Everyone.

Over the weekend I had a number of irreplaceable plants stolen from the greenhouse.

I am still doing construction on the new greenhouses and quite frankly this gives me pause to wonder if I should just tear them down.

Pass the word.

Keep a look out for black truncata, trusmadiensis, a variety of EP plants, large macrophylla .. and I dunno what else..

They new what they wanted and I suspect they have been to the greenhouse. Which means it's a pretty short list.

Tony
    Hi Tony,

I am terribly sorry to hear of the theft. I am afraid that that is becoming far more common -- and I had a friend who recently lost some very rare orchids that only a very few knew she was growing. Someone had to have known their value since only they were taken and it has put her in an awkward state among her orchid-growing friends . . .

I would suggest pouring over online auction sites. You would not believe how brazen some thieves can be. I'll certainly keep an eye out for the plants mentioned . . .
    “Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

-- Galileo "Biff" Galilei

Carnivorous plant enthusiast vraev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just terrible. Just horrible. Why the hell? How can people be sooo stupid, dumb and immature to do that? yeah...I would have to agree....keep a look out on ebay, other online forums etc. But if someone was sooo specific to target those plants... they knew what they were doing and maybe mature plants like these are meant for their personal collection.

I know its a hard time Tony. But don't give up man! You have the talent to grow these magnificent plants. Yes, its sad to see plants that may have been in your care for a decade be ruthlessly taken away...but a macrophylla, trusmadiensis are available now inspite of their hefty price. I am sure you have the contacts from where you got the plants and they would gladly help to get back those clones.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PS: Tony.... I was just going to do this...but felt its better asking you before doing it: Put up a message on all the nepenthes boards: floranepenthaceae.com , pitcherplants.proboards34.com , petpitcher.com

Dead to Mosqueeto's ALL OF THEM! DJ.Zany-NL-'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when you find out who they are be shure to yell say hello to my little friend :P :P
    Victory is mine!
    i like to grow plant's and i like to smoke plant's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    have seen similar things happen in the herp trade....ppl have been able to track down their animals again due to the rarity of the individual animals along with good pictures of them word spread fast enough that alot were tracked down....the CP community is a fraction of the size of the herp.....if yah got recent pics and/or have good description of the size oand such of these plants its likely we will be able to track some down....most individuals who do this do it to make a quick buck or to stroke their egos cause they can say they have these rare plants....kinda hard to stroke your ego or sell them if yah cant tell anyone.....give us what info you can and do the same on the other boards and someone with a good conscience is bound to stumble across them and let yah know who has them......
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will make a list of what's missing. I need to get my website back up and running.

The N. Trusmadiensis were seed grown from wild N. lowii seed. The N truncata black were the only ones in the country to my knowledge.

Vraev if you would post on other forums particularly about the N. truncata black etc..

My contact information if anyone hears anything
    315-232-3531
    I made a new email address for information
    Stolenneps@aol.com
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Tony,

Done! I posted your message up on ICPS, CPUK, floranepenthaceae.com and the pitcher plants boards. Good luck man! Hope they can be tracked down.

Varun

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    did you call the police? If they stole the plants, they could find the one who stole it.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast