What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my dog is WEIRD

• Thread starter Ant
  • Start date
  • Tags
    fly

Ant

Your one and only pest!
So, my dog Remy was sleep on the floor. Then suddenly he stood up and barked at the floor. I looked where he was barking and there was nothing there so I ignored him. Then he went over there again and jumped back like he was scared. So I get up and he is now a foot and a half away barking. Behind a computer cable (where he was barking) I found a half dead fly. My dog was afraid of a nearly dead fly! :-))

Me: "do you have dog?"
Other person: "Yes! S/he is so nice! S/he wouldn't hurt a fly!"
Me: "oh yah? My dog is afraid of flies!"

Maybe he heard an earthquake.

xvart.

it's clear that he doesen't want to sleep on the floor anymore...buy him a new bed:-))

He sleeps on a king size with my mom, what else can he ask for?

He would still sleep with my mom anyway.

I had a chow one time and she was asleep on the floor. A few feet away was a bucket of lego blocks I bought for my kids. On the bucket was an almost lifesize pic of a child's face with a big smile.

My dog woke up and apparently the first thing she saw was the face smiling at her. She let out a low growl and stood up like she was ready to defend herself. Then she stopped growling and looked at me like she was checking to see if I saw what she had done. I started laughing and she walked away and laid down somewhere else. It almost seemed that she was embarrassed.

I have a Chow. He's always on edge and easy to scare, he's proud though and happy.

LOL, funny stories :p My dog gets scared of weird things too...like a leaf or a pole we walk by every day. Just this weekend she jumped straight up in the air because there was a leaf infront of her. Then she approaches it ever so carefully, and the closer she gets the more scared she is, but when she finally reaches it and sniffs it, she gets this look on her face like "oh ok, it's just a leaf, thank god, I thought it was the boogy man". It's quite funny, but kinda sad too, lol.

same here our english cokcer spaniel he bite's at everything that moves ^^ (and constantly put's his nose in my sarracenia's :D)

my cousin's dog is so dumb it eats its own poo and you now what to male and female dogs, discusting:( he is also scared of a stck and backpacks

and you now what to male and female dogs, discusting:(

Do you mean he's moutning them? That's a dominance thing. It's natural for all dogs, it shouldn't be considered as disgusting.

Copraphagia is common with dogs and is often more of a behavioral issue than nutrition. Dogs get attention for it (usually negative but attention just the same). Mostly it occurs in puppies and they will stop if you ignore it (however hard that is).

Ozzy, some dogs can be pretty smart. My dog Spike has managed to out smart my brother Matt a bunch of times. Once my brother matt had the last left over fried chicken breast from KFC. He put his plate down and sat down. My dog spike was a tiny puppy then and wanted to come up. Matt picked him up and he sat right next to Matt. Then Matt had to go to the bathroom, when he came back spike was bitting into his chicken 2/3rds of his size, when Matt saw this he ran after him. Spike managed to run a circle around the house WITH THE CHICKEN IN HIS MOUTH and then run under the couch where Matt couldn't reach! So Spike got to eat my brothers chicken!

Lol, the chicken thing is funny. For some reason my dogs used to stand side by side in front of a tree and lick this one spot on the tree for a long time. I think they tasted the sap or something and liked it, but they don't do it anymore.

Copraphagia is common with dogs and is often more of a behavioral issue than nutrition. Dogs get attention for it (usually negative but attention just the same). Mostly it occurs in puppies and they will stop if you ignore it (however hard that is).

I never knew what it was called, so thanks for teaching me that PAK :) When my dog in Canada was a puppy, he used to do it and a trainer once told us that it can take up to three years (or longer, depending on the dog) to stop it. Yikes!

Maybe it just tastes good.

Back