User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: very, very good news...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i gave you data from an outside source that compiled data your giving me a story by:

Handgun Control Inc. news release, December 30, 1999
    i gave you hard data you give me data which was derived by:
    * Because gun death rates are only available through 1997, the figure for the number gun deaths in the 1990s (350,000) was calculated by assuming a consistent 6% decrease in the gun death rate and assuming a 1% increase in population each year. The data for the years 1998 and 1999 were estimated to be 30,527 deaths in 1998 and 28,976 in 1999. So far in the 1990s, over 290,000 Americans were killed with firearms.
    a mathematical formula, not actual statistics.....not to mention you have to figure half those deaths are suicide which means the person likly only hurt themselves and no one else......

you really want to use that as your argument?
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just googled and these were some that were at the top of the list. I'm pointing out that the fact that we have guns at all, whether they be the idiots or the so-called law abiding citizens, we have way too many people shooting each other. We need to get rid of them, as much as we can, instead of allowing people to have licenses to own them. The cost in human life outweigh the few benefits of defense.

Betcha never expected the topic to take off like this! Only Word Association & religion preferences have exceeded this, LOL!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its a pipe dream to think your going to make all the guns in the US disappear....its never going to happen....your far more likely to see Andrew give every one on this site a free hamata...you cant argue about getting rid of them all cause its impossible...look at England where handguns have been registered and confiscated for 100 years...they are having no luck controlling it, infact your more likely to be a victim of violent crime in England than South Africa let alone any other western nation....Canada's gun registration effort over the last few years has become so unsuccessful that its really become one big joke and has largely been abandoned.........your arguing the impossible....and as far as suicides, im sorry if i dont have much sympothy for someone who offs themselves, and ive been to that dark place.....i dont count ppl hurting themselves in violent crime, hell a guy has managed to castrate themself cause they stuck their family jewels in the ball washer on a golf course when he tripped and ripped them off....im sorry if your offended i think i a lil chlorine in the gene pool is a good thing.......

Florida started taking the stats of homicides(shootings done in a crime and not self defence) when they went to a shall issue concealed carry state, devoted an office and a couple ppl to it.....10 years later they closed the office because there were only 4 deaths by permit holders that were not self defense and they thought it was a waste of tax payer money to keep a couple ppl on staff to investigate and record one death every 2 years......

half of all gun deaths in the us are suicides....another big portion are shootings done in self defence....cold blooded murder via a gun isnt all that common when total population is figured in which is why it makes the nightly news.....
    cervid serial killer
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't expect them to disappear, nor do I expect criminals or crime to go away. I DO want to limit what is put in front of humans. This species is too stupid to refrain from temptation!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    then its prolly better for us to kill ourselves off......sorry i refuse to live in a nanny state where the same idiots you claim are to stupid to have a gun get to tell me how im supposed to live.....ill take and fight for my freedom and am willing to die for it....you willing to die for your dream to live in a nanny state?
    cervid serial killer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    rattler, You live in the "middle of nowhere," where the need for laws that control the behavior of people is far less than in urban areas, where most of the nation's population lives.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and gun control is a proven failure in urban areas......
    cervid serial killer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Coincidently, I found tis article in the editorial section, last night:

Every home gets a gun
    Mitch Albom - Detroit Free Press
    Updated: 07/02/08 6:38 AM

So everyone has a gun.

Let's start with that idea. Everyone has a gun. What will this mean? In the minds of some people — those who think last week's Supreme Court decision protecting gun ownership was wonderful — it means if you come after me now, I can take you down. If you try to take what's mine, I can defend myself — by shooting you dead, if need be.

If I'm scared, I don't need to be, because I have my gun. If you scare me and I want to scare you back, I can, because I have my gun. The next burglar who tries to **** or kill an innocent party? He gets shot instead. The next lunatic who tries to shoot up a restaurant? Five people can take him down from five angles.

Everyone has a gun. Everyone can shoot. And as soon as the other handgun laws are dismantled (And great news! Many now can be!), the good guys won't have to cower anymore. The bad guys will have to worry. This evens the playing field. Hallelujah. Finally, the Second Amendment is interpreted correctly.

Our long national nightmare is over. But on the other hand . . .

Everyone has a gun. What will this mean? In the minds of the other side — those who found the Supreme Court's decision disastrous — it means bullets flying everywhere.

It means people shooting first and asking questions later. It means domestic arguments now resolved with pistols. It means thousands of more guns out there, which means thousands of more guns stolen and used for the wrong reasons.

It means 4-year-olds finding Daddy's gun. It means teenagers, angry and misguided, grabbing guns from their parents' closets. It means homeowners thinking they're crack marksmen and shooting the wrong people instead. It means workplace violence and domestic violence. It means suicides.

It means the challenging of every gun control law out there. It means the worst interpretation of the Second Amendment, an amendment made during revolutionary times, an amendment about militias, an amendment that was never meant to recreate the Wild, Wild West.

Our long national nightmare begins.

Everyone has a gun. What does that mean to you? I have given up trying to convince people on this issue. Already in this column, I'm sure people are dashing off angry e-mails— and I haven't even stated

where I stand.

We love guns in America — more than any other country in the world, something that baffles the rest of the world — and with a 5-4 vote, the Supreme Court essentially decided that every American can have one in his or her home. This is the same Supreme Court that the previous week was blasted as being ultra-liberal over prisoners in Guantanamo.

Everyone has a gun, the bad guys illegally, the good guys legally. Will this make us more safe or more dangerous? I simply don't know.

But when I read an NRA lobbyist named Chris Cox telling the media that law-abiding Americans had a "God-given right to defend themselves in their homes," I must take exception.

God isn't in on this. God doesn't want us armed to the teeth. God didn't create bullets, gunpowder or triggers. That was our doing.

And so is this ruling. It is men deciding more guns are the answer and wrapping that decision in idealism. God has nothing to do with it.

So everyone has a gun. That's the new norm. And when that's the new norm, perhaps all we can agree on are these two words:

Watch out.

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast