User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: very, very good news...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim i dont think you lucky i think your fortunate, and contrary to all the macho BS you see on TV such an encounter isnt fun or even exillerating....it really sucks and isnt fun......i live in a county bigger than Rhode Island with a population of about 10,000.....im far more concerned about rabid skunks and feral dogs than someone breaking into my house while im home though it has occationally happened here......if you dont want a gun im prefectly fine with that but dont tell ME that I dont need one because chances are your beliefs arent relevent to my situation......im a law abiding citizen, have no beef with anyone thats willing to just leave me alone......

taking away that option of a hand gun for these woman and even some men is in my mind stupid.
    well guess what Ozzy, while all 9 said its an individual right to own a firearm a couple of the 4 that decented on the opinion in general say just that....they thik its constitutional to ban handguns from the general populace if a city or state deems it nessisary.......
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Constitution needs to be amended to recognize a couple of hundred years of social change and to allow State and local governments to protect their citizenry by banning guns.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tropics View Post
    The Constitution needs to be amended to recognize a couple of hundred years of social change and to allow State and local governments to protect their citizenry by banning guns.
    yes but the supreme court has also ruled that it is not the polices job to protect you from an attack....their job is to arrest the perpitrator and haul them infront of a jury of their peers for punishment.....State and Local governments are not required to provide you with personal protection...thats YOUR JOB...its YOUR job to lock your door not the polices job to keep someone from walking into your house....
    cervid serial killer
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with this decision. I'm a San Francisco liberal, but also a proud gun owner. On this ONE issue, I fall on the side of the Conservatives.

However, those same justices who got this one right have dropped the ball on virtually every other Constitutional right (utterly blowing most church/state issues, for example). It's as if the liberals like 9 of the 10 amendments in the Bill of Rights, and the conservatives like the other one. From my perspective, it's all or nothing. If you don't like an amendment, pass a new one repealing it - they build in a mechanism for that. But for the moment, the 2nd amendment guarantees the right to own guns. And that's good.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    but the issue becomes that the 2nd amendment gives all the others teeth.......with out the second how do you defend all the rest?.....as far as liberal stuff....i dont understand how some of the other "liberal" stuff would come infront of the supreme court....gay marriage, we are guarenteed "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" if marrying a guy makes you happy i dont see the issue so long as its between concenting adults......sure isnt anything in the constitution against it.......one guy wants 3 wives? so long as its concenting adults who gives a rats rear what goes on behind closed doors......on the eminant domain case they ruled on, they ruled like the constitution says, however strongly stated that individual states can write their own laws preventing state and local agencies from doing it if they wish as the law only says what the feds can do and local laws can control local government on the issue, with no local laws on the issue it automatically goes by the federal law.....
    cervid serial killer

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lets pretend that a city completely banned guns to protect it's citizens. Oh wait I don't think we have to pretend or imagine what will happen. DC banned anything that shoots and it became the murder capital of the nation.

The old saying is so true, when you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have a gun.

We need to put our effort into taking the guns out of the hands of criminals. We also need to develop the technology that will only let certain people fire a certain gun.

I don't think that the pros of having a gun outweigh the cons of accidents (6 year old killing 8 year old sibling)
    I can tell you about the story of a girl that I knew when I was in the 8th grade. Her parents left a 30/30 in a van while they went inside a phone company to pay their phone bill. The girls brother accidentally shot her in the neck and killed her. The fault was with the parents not the gun.

I can also tell you a story that happened to me. To make a long story short. I was at a place where a man was trying to stab two woman. There was a 5 or 6 year old girl in the same room. In the house were more little kids. I grabbed my gun and without even having to point the gun or say anything to the person he decided to stop and leave. He was arrested.

This situation could have turned out way different. At the very least that gun saved the lives of two women, and probably that little girl. It also possible save the live of the other kids in the house.

Guns in the hands of responsible citizens pose NO danger to the public. Weapons in the hands of unstable people or criminals are a great menace to our society.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    for the record.......since your not sure on some of the supreme court stuff Ozzy

Justices who voted for Heller(gun owners) and who appointed them
    Roberts - Bush Jr.
    Scalia - Reagan
    Kennedy - Reagan
    Thomas - Bush Sr.
    Alito - Bush Jr.

Justices who voted against Heller(gun owners) and who appointed them
    Stevens - Ford
    Souter - Bush Sr.
    Ginsburg - Clinton
    Breyer - Clinton

and from the looks of things to come the next president will appoint atleast one if not 2 Justices to the court.....this is the true power of any president......
    cervid serial killer

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was not the gun's fault. It was the parent's. The child could have stabbed the other one with a kitchen knife, but we aren't suggesting we ban knives. The parent's were irrresponsible and had no place having a gun if that's the best they can do. Guns don't kill people. People kill people. It's like saying "Cars kill people". No they don't. If you don't get in a car, it's not going to do anything but sit there. Drugs don't kill people. A bottle of aspirin is not going to kill you, but you can kill yourself if you take the whole thing. All of these things have something in common. They are inanimate objects. They can't do ANYTHING or hurt ANYONE unless a human intervenes and misuses one.

Kids today are stupid as hell. Anyone who would play with a gun fast the age of five as if it is a toy is absolutely stupid. Any parents who allow their kids to have access to a gun, even for a second, are in no position to have custody of children or a gun if that's the best job they can do.

Max, you DO support tighter gun control though, right?

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast