User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: very, very good news...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what do you mean tighter gun control.....there are something like 3000 gun laws on the books....im allfor inforcing curent laws and strict punishment of violent crime where a gun was used but we sure dont need more gun laws....hell i live in one of the states with only the federal laws and none of its owned and every time i buya gun from a store they call the feds on me for a background check everytime, even though ive bought a dozen guns from the one store alone

as far as keeping guns out of the hands of kids i grrew up with guns never being locked up and never had an issue with anyone in my large extended family other than one cousin who did something stupid while crossing a fence while holding a pellet gun.....a couple of my rifles are generally within easy access of the girls and they never pay them any attention to them....why? cause i let them hold them everytime they ask...i have watched them ignore a 22 leaning against the couch for a month and never even notice it till i tell them to grab it, we are going out shooting....the girls have been around guns for as long as they have known me and dont find them any more interesting than a hammer laying on a table...course they have also been taken hunting alot and have seen what happens when a bullet hits flesh....they know guns arent toys and do not treat them as toys
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See my above post. I think it's too easy to get a gun.

A pellet gun isn't quite the same, but IMO children should not have guns, even pellet guns. How old are your kids? Eight? I thought your daughter was like... 13 or 14. That's old enough to be trusted to not kill themselves with.. but I still wouldn't give them a gun if they were my kids. I'm just not trusting. One kid in the eight grade blew his brains out while cleaning a gun. Somehow, an eighth grader was stupid enough to look down the barrel of a gun and pull the trigger while cleaning it. That is profoundly retarded and I'm a d ick for saying this, but at least he didn't breed. When I say children, I mean children children. If you let an eight year old have access to a gun, you don't need the gun or the kid in my opinion. Children are unpredictable and lack the comprehension necessary to use a gun. Until they can have political discussions about gun laws and know what's going on, they really shouldn't have a gun in my opinion :P You see seven, eight, nine and ten year old kids who kill animals in hunting magazines all the time. They had no business with a weapon regardless if there parent was there or not. I don't think anyone under 16 really had any business using one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post

Max, you DO support tighter gun control though, right?
    It depends. Tighter than whose? Every state seems to have different rules, some of them too lax, some of them too tight. It's WAYYY too easy to get guns in some states, and places like California have too many arbitrary restrictions on what sort of guns you can have. So I'd tighten some places and loosen others.

Max
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I meant in general :P Overall, I believe the country in general is too lax on guns laws.

There are lots of arbitrary laws about everything :P I guess we have to keep the legislative branch busy somehow lmao.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lets put it this way, guns have been in easy reach of both girls since they were atleast 6 if not younger.....took a couple months of instruction plus them witnessing a deer being head shot by their grandpa to get the idea that guns arent toys, the oldest starts hunting this fall the youngest cant wait to start when she hits 12......both have been present for most of the critters killed in the last 6 years, have watched the animal be shot, have seen upclose the damage a bullet on flesh does, has been present and helped gut the animal and help butcher it and put it in the freezer.....i dont care how young someone is watching a living creatures head explode gets the point across 100% that you do not point a gun at something you are not willing to destroy.....i trust the girls with my life, however i do not trust their friends which is why there is no friends in the house if we arent there......

i grew up at my grandfathers farm where there was ALWAYS a rifle leaning next to the front door......24 different grandchildren ranging from babies to teenagers running around the house at various times from 7 very different families and not one kid touched the rifle without asking......we got Kate a rifle for x-mas when she was 11, i had my first rifle....KEPT IN MY ROOM at 12.....course i also carried a pocket knife to school post Columbine as well as having a truck parked across the street from the school loaded up with hunting gear and every teacher in the place knew we had "high powered sniper rifles" in the truck and no one batted an eye.....hell my calculus teacher knew i carried a pocket knife and occasionally asked to borrow it in class......education trumps legislation every time........you murder someone in the commission of a crime, i say light the SOB up in the electric chair.....but there is no reason any law abiding citizen should not be able to get their hands on what ever they want when ever they want.....they are by definition in this country innocent of any crimes so why make it difficult to get them for law abiding citizens....
    cervid serial killer
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm glad you trust six year olds that much. I am NOT saying that there aren't six you old who can't respect boundaries. There absolutely are. I'm just saying I don't trust them. Even my own kids if I had some. The most I would let a kid have is a BB gun and only if they absolutely refused to have a paintball gun instead :P But it's very easy for me to say these things. I never had any interest whatsoever in guns. My rents bought me a RedRider BB gun as a kid and I never touched it :P I'm not into hunting or archery either. Really the opposite of my dad lmao. The most Involvement I'll have with his hobby is helping him pull deer (and one bear :P ) out of the woods. Personally, I have no ethical problems with hunting. I eat animals he's killed, and I don't care if he or anyone else does it. I just couldn't bring myself to personally kill my own food. Just like I couldn't bring myself to have an abortion if I were a woman, but I support pro-choice ideology 100% and wouldn't think more or less of a woman if she decided not to or to have an abortion respectively. Maybe I'm a hypocrite lol.

I'll also be the first to say that kids from when you were growing up on your grandparents' farm are a lot different today. Had I been around back then, I probably would have trusted kids younger than sixteen. Even preteen from the 90's are different from the preteens of today. Is it me or are they getting dumber and less responsible?

A law abiding citizen is perfectly able to be absolutely nuts and go on a killing spree with a knife or gun without breaking the law prior to that. It is a crime to bring a weapon into school, so by definition they are not innocent. Even if they didn't use it or take it out off their pocket, it's a crime to possess it. It's not about whether or not they will do it, it's about circumventing the opportunity for it to happen. If it were legal, the teacher may see it and think nothing of it. An hour later they just may be a dead body with a slit throat in the bathroom. That's why it's illegal, so the teacher could have addressed the possession of a knife before someone died instead of ignoring it. I remember a story of a girl who got in trouble because her Tweet Bird key chain had a chain longer than some predetermined length, and so she got suspended. That's ridiculous. That's a weapon, but not pencils, pens, and scissors which flow like wine in any school? OK.

There was a guy who had like a six inch knife in the eighth grade showing it off to us. In fact, he was my best friends boyfriend and we had always been on good terms. I reported him (without anyone knowing it was me, of course) because he said he was going to go on a rampage. Literally, that's what he said. He had a smile on his face and the guys beside me were laughing like it was a joke. It may have honestly been a joke, and it probably was, but the columbine dudes' friends thought they were joking, didn't they? They weren't. I don't play around and I don't take chances with the lives of other people (maybe my own :P) If he HAD killed someone, I would have had to live with the thought that I could have done something, but didn't. He went to alternative school for like a year. You may think I'm a d ick for doing what I did, but I'd rather be a d ick that possibly prevented a murder than someone who kept my mouth shut and let someone die.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you do realize i graduated high school in 2000........i was in school when Columbine occured.....watched it live in a history class as a matter of fact.......
    cervid serial killer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A law abiding citizen is perfectly able to be absolutely nuts and go on a killing spree with a knife or gun without breaking the law prior to that.
    i take it you want to issue everyone bubble wrap armor and safety helmets to.....cause either we are a free society to do as we wish UNTIL we break the law or we are a nanny state that takes everything away so we cant accidentally hurt ourselves for our own good........
    cervid serial killer

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast