User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: very, very good news...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes but the supreme court has also ruled that it is not the polices job to protect you from an attack....their job is to arrest the perpitrator and haul them infront of a jury of their peers for punishment.....State and Local governments are not required to provide you with personal protection...thats YOUR JOB...its YOUR job to lock your door not the polices job to keep someone from walking into your house....

It's easier to defend yourself if the attacker doesn't have a gun, even if you don't.

Gun ownership is a throwback to the days of the Wild West. Gun ownership might be justifiable in sparsely populated rural areas, but not in densely populated urban areas.

Among the various states the murder rate varies directly with the rate of gun ownership.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    your right.....its lower in the states that have the most lax gun laws....places like the DC area Illinois, California, New York with the strictest gun laws have the highest rates of gun violence....states with liberal gun laws like Florida tend to have lower gun violence rates....

not to mention you should read up on the "wild west" per capita gun violence was much less in the "wild west" than in present day gun fights were few and far between which is why things such as the OK Corral shootout are so famous THEY WERE THE EXCEPTION....everyone was armed, everyone knew it....other than the occational hothead ppl were quite polite to one another because of it...

btw if you look up various places such as Japan where gun ownership is rare they have actually quite high murder rates from guns considering no one is supposed to have them.....you are never going to get rid og guns, hell some compare the number of AK 47's in the world to grains of sand on a beach.....to think your going to rid the world of guns, well you must be smoking really good stuff....besides all your doing is making criminals out of normally law abiding citizens....the criminals will not turn in their guns......so criminals will have guns and those that dont will be the law abiding citizens who now have to try and defend themselves with kitchen knives.....

hell just look at England and Austrailia...both have outlawed handguns owned by private citizens and murder rates, via hand guns are screaming through the roof.......
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just for the record, the states with the highest rates of gun violence are Louisiana, Maryland, and Mississippi.

In the US we have 2.97 gun homicides per 100,000 people.
    The UK has 0.12 per 100,000 people.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes but the UK rate has been climbing steadily since they went to town outlawing firearms....same with Australia....their crime rates were going down BEFORE their gun bans....after the bans they started going up

BTW should have stated in the original places like Cali, NY and such have some of the higher.....well out of proportion given they have the stricter laws....
    cervid serial killer
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmmmmm bout ever study i can find, and everyone please search for their selves, murder rates and violent crime are actually dropping quite steadily in the US overall, murder rates especially have dropped like a rock since the 80's yet nothing has changed as far as guns being less availible to the general public...just as easy to get them now as in the 70's......however in countries like England, Austrailia, Germany, France ect. these rates are climbing, some years making remarkable jumps especially in Australia in the years after the 1996 ban.....
    cervid serial killer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Murder (and crime) rates tend to track with poverty more than gun laws. Gun laws take a LONG time to take effect, since there are so many guns out there already in the US. Plus, in California, while we have some odd gun laws that are arbitrary and restrictive, we are nevertheless able to assemble a vast and lethal arsenal of various types of guns in no time at all. The restrictions we have will have almost no effect on gun violence in general.

Three things make me a gun rights supporter:
    1) My reading of the 2nd amendment is that it clearly gives us this right.
    2) I may need a gun for self defense against criminals, a govt. gone crazy, foreign invaders, zombies, who knows?
    3) We already have so many guns in the public that even total bans would take decades to thin the number of guns out there. For those decades, mostly criminals alone will be armed.

Having said that, it's pretty clear that our gun culture also makes us a relatively violent country. Our violent crime rates are high by international standards. It IS a valid choice for a country to ban guns, but I feel like we're already too far along our path to change our minds about it.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the only modern first world country that has even half way come close to success, and mind you it is a very limited success on gun control, is Japan, and the only reason it has half way worked there is that they are a "western" country with ZERO gun heritage, they were still holding on to the samurai culture during WWII....all Europeans, but especially the English, Germans and Italians(along with their colonies), have a very rich gun heritage, same with Switzerland......
    cervid serial killer

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is said that, "Guns don't kill. People do." But what are people using to kill? They use whatever they have available. If it's a gun... they use it. In a headline from last year a totally fed up pastor's wife used the gun in the house to kill her husband. Why was the gun there in the first place.... self defense? Protection? From whom? Well I'm sure the pastor wasn't thinking his old lady would do him in!

And what about Lorena Bobbitt? Man, if she had a gun handy, instead of a pair of scissors, her jerk of a husband wouldn't have lived to say, (after a sewing operation) "Thanks, man.... wanna beer?"

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast