User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: very, very good news...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    in Bobbitts case even if a gun was availible she would have still used the knife.....had she wanted to kill him she could have with the knife....prolly would have been alot easier to do than what she did do.....

so by the same arguement you want to outlaw alcohol because someone might drive drunk and kill someone even though 99.9% of the users of alcohol never do? the statistics are the same for guns....there are about 44 million gun owners in the US and less than 60,000 gun related deaths in a year........infact gun owners records are prolly better than ppl who drink alcohol....
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is said that, "Guns don't kill. People do." But what are people using to kill? They use whatever they have available. If it's a gun... they use it. In a headline from last year a totally fed up pastor's wife used the gun in the house to kill her husband. Why was the gun there in the first place.... self defense? Protection? From whom? Well I'm sure the pastor wasn't thinking his old lady would do him in!
    If you think about it, you're using the same argument that pro gun people use. Somebody that is intent on killing somebody will do it with something else if theres no gun around. The gun is a tool they use to kill, the same as a knife or a car or whatever.

I think the fact that Lorena Bobbit used a knife instead of a gun, proves that the laws against the mentally insane can own a gun works to some degree. Have you ever heard her talk? That chick is crazy.

Man, if she had a gun handy, instead of a pair of scissors
    Hey man shoot me anyday. I'd much rather be shot. I've been shot before and I still rather take a bullet.

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there are about 44 million gun owners in the US and less than 60,000 gun related deaths in a year.
    A big majority of that 60,000 is probably done by illegal guns.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd ban alcohol, too! Obviously, human beings are too stupid to refain from doing destructive things, either to themselves or to others.

Why don't we give people nukes, while we're at it. People don't think straight when they're drunk, angry, or with their blood rushing to the wrong parts of their anatomies!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People don't think straight when they're drunk, angry, or with their blood rushing to the wrong parts of their anatomies!
    and no matter how much stuff you take away or how thickly you wrap someone up in bubble wrap armor you aint going to stop it....one study shows that guns are used to prevent crimes over 2 million times a year in the US, the overwelming majority never fire a single shot, just brandishing the firearm is enough to deescilate the situation over 90% of the time......it is estimated that women use guns over 200,000 times a year to defend themselves agains sexual abuse.......granted this is via pro gun websites but even the anti gun Clinton administration admitted it was prolly around 1.5 million though likely not 2 million.....also armed civilians shoot more criminals than cops(1,527 to 606), and while cops shoot some one due to mistaken identity in 11% of shootings, civilians have only been wrong 2% of the time........i would rather have a law abiding citizen point a gun at me than a cop in a case of mistaken identity.......i have a better chance not getting shot by the citizen.....
    cervid serial killer
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And I'd rather keep the guns away from all human beings! We're way too stupid!!! We may actually use them on each other!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimscott View Post
    And I'd rather keep the guns away from all human beings! We're way too stupid!!! We may actually use them on each other!
    We should also ban knives while we're at it. I attended a soccer match in Leeds in the 1990s where two people were stabbed in the abdomen and a third hit in the thigh with a dart. Oh, ban the dart -- not to mention the pint cup urine missiles from the opposing team.

"Tough darts," as they say . . .
    “Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

-- Galileo "Biff" Galilei

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if we are to stupid to have guns, than we are to stupid to have cars........even with 44 million ppl in this country having guns your far more likly to be killed by a car......actually when it comes to what might kill Joe Citizen in a given year.....guns are WAY down on the list......second hand smoke kills way more.....obesity kills way more........hell the number of guns in this country is at an all time high but violent crime is at a 30 year low....there is zero corilation to the number of guns availible to the amount of violent crim.....
    cervid serial killer

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast