User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: very, very good news...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't understand your logic.

Just because a person gets a permit doesn't mean he/she is not going to break the law by, for example, unjustifiably injuring or killing someone by shooting them. It's impossible to know in advance if a person who gets a permit will injure someone. But gun advocates conclude that all people who get permits should be allowed to possess guns (at least until they have injured someone) even though it means that those who will injure someone will be allowed to possess guns.

Applying that same thought process to drunk drivers, it's impossible to know if a person who drives while drunk will cause an accident and injure or kill someone. So all people should be able to drive while drunk (at least until they injure someone) even though it means that those who will injure someone will be allowed to drive while drunk.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, a gun operator possesses all the necessary cognitive faculties to safely operate the gun. A drunk driver does not. They aren't the same but I see the point your trying to make

PLUR people. Maybe one day we can all get along. Or maybe it's inherent to our species to have a predisposition for violence. In the mean time I'll me waiting for awesome plasma guns. Wouldn't that be cool. Like in Star Wars!

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The trouble is that people want to compare things that don't compare well in reality. There are a ot of gray areas and not as many absolutes. The government attempts to enact laws in our best interest because without providing boundaries it is believed that people won't govern themselves appropriately. Having laws is a good thing, but laws aren't perfect. They either don't go far enough or they become obsolete or people find ways around them. And yet, some people don't need the laws. They would choose to do right irregardless. By the same token, you will always have people who will do what they want, even if there is a law (black markets). There aren't pefect solutions, nor are there perfect people. But laws are intended to be helpful in guiding lives for the masses. It is plainly obvious that there are a lot of people that are horrible in governing themselves and that is why they need to be governed. Look at all the people addicted to cigarettes, crack, heroin, etc... Look at all the people who live in the bottle. Look at all the people who shoot others because they are mad or want to steal. Folks, we're not doing too well, collectively speaking!

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look at all the people addicted to cigarettes, crack, heroin, etc... Look at all the people who live in the bottle. Look at all the people who shoot others because they are mad or want to steal. Folks, we're not doung too well, colletively speaking!
    And that my friend is the best argument I've heard yet to why guns should be legal.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    And that my friend is the best argument I've heard yet to why guns should be legal.
    LOL! Less is better! Let's go back to name-calling and sticks & stones. The fewer people with weapons, the fewer people will get shot! We're not gonna convince each other, anyway!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fewer people with weapons, the fewer people will get shot!

I have to disagree with this statement. Pandora's Box is open and your not going to get rid of illegal guns. So why make it a crime to defend yourself on a level playing field. Why would or should we be forced to be a victim?

The 2nd amendment was put in place for a reason. So that the people could defend themselves against the government or whoever else should they need it. Because the crown they broke away from didn't allow them to have weapons, and that was abused by the crown. I know these are different times, but you never know what might happen and you need to atleast be allowed to defend yourself on the same level. The only boundary keeping me from owning a gun right now is because the gun I want is rather pricey and I am broke.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ya know, I've lived in the country, city, suburbs, and small towns. I've never needed to "defend myself with a gun.

The worst people I've ever encountered that I would have needed defending against were the school bullies, condescending co-workers & supervisors, people that decide my fate in jobs to let me go, and all those people who have ever mistreated my wife in churches she has worked for, putting our family out in the streets. Would you recommend a gun and bullets for them?

I have to disagree with this statement. Pandora's Box is open and your not going to get rid of illegal guns. So why make it a crime to defend yourself on a level playing field. Why would or should we be forced to be a victim?
    You can get rid of most them by law. I've already said that you won't get rid of the idiots that go outof their way to choose to disobey the law. You might as well not have any laws because for every law out there, there will be those who choose to get around it. I will not resign myself / knuckle under for a few people (%) who just have to be jerks. And I certainly don't want a bunch of vigilante types running around, taking things in their own hands.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best example of what happens when you ban guns is easy to find. Look at all the university campus shootings, where guns are not allowed to be carried by legal means. I wonder how many lives could have been saved if guns were allowed to be carried by permit owning, law abiding citizens. Just because you have not been put in a situation where you believe a gun would be useful, doesn't mean you'll never be in that situation one day. The argument "the less weapons the better" is equivalent to suggesting that every law abiding citizen should be given a higher chance of becoming a victim.
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast