Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WARNING: Mailbox ovens

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always mark my packages "LIVE PLANTS" and have the PO stamp them "FRAGILE" and "PERISHABLE".

As mentioned before it depends on the motivation of the mail carrier to actually look at the labels.

You'd be surprised how much your delivery service improves if you give your regular carrier at Christmas time a card with a $5-10 tip in it.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Norhtern Michigan Dragway Mama *Barracuda_45*'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It also helps if you talk to your mail carrier on a regular bassis and he or she knows you have LIVE plants comming in reguardless of size of the box. My mail lady talks to me all the time and she knows i get live plants and HOW IMPORTANT it is they come right to my door even if the box is SUPER tiny. She has been making sure i get my boxes hand deliverd/ face to face and shes always curious as to what i have in the box.. LOL!! Anyways atleast i know i have had a GREAT friendship with my mail carrier over the last 13yrs, when i use to get tarantulas in she would always come to the door and say "Hey Trace you gota get this box outa my truck it might be one of your T's and IM NOT TOUCHING IT"... then she would ask what size it is and everything.. Shes a real hoot!!!!
    Hey buddy wana run, LETS GO!
    Northern Michigan All Car Drag Team *PRESIDENT*
    Red Hot Cherry's "NEW" PB 8.741 GO CHERRY! & "5" 1st place trophy wins 9 sec class.
    www.nmacdt.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thats why i ship stuff to my works PO and not to home..........ive had boxes marked fragile be crushed just the same as if they werent......tipping your mail carrier at x-mas time can help if your sending stuff to your house......but im in a small town and know everyone at the post office....most any damage to the package is done to it well before it enters my local PO........
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The smallest PO box in my town is $75 per year, they just have a tub in the back with my box number on it since I'm always getting lots of stuff for my magazine's website way more than will actually fit in my box (the box is the size of a small box of #10 business envelopes (9" x 4" x 4"). The PO just puts a card in the box that says I have mail to pick up in the lobby.

Yeah, I make cookies for my house mailman, Kevin. He even bought some of the LP my avant garde record label released in the '90s since he's a vinyl collector as well even though he didn't particularily go for the music. But usually the local PO isn't the ones wrecking stuff, the airport annex is my #1 suspect. My boss who trained me knew I do a lot of a shipping on my own and couldn't wait to show me the airport sorting room.

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have all packages sent to my office. My front porch faces due south on a busy street.

And also...I never check my mail.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12