Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So, Day 2

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I got mine out I had no problems. In fact, I think I broke every single rule they gave me with the first 36 hours. I wish they had given me some nice pain killers...

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how can you get your uvula removed? that's just.... weired...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had one tooth removed about 3 days before I was supposed to leave for a month in Italy. Not smart. I woke up at about 3am the morning of the flight unable to swallow and in intense pain. I called Delta customer service and got that lovely automated system "please say your reservation number". Well, swollen like a pissed off puffer fish and unable to open my mostly locked jaws, I had to try to say a number with a lot of letters/numbers that sounded alike (such as P3VCT etc). The voice politely replied "I'm sorry...I didn't understand you. Please say your reservation number again." I did as instructed and was met with the same response. I knew that what I was saying was coming out sounding like "EEEE, EEEEE, MWEEE, TEEEE" but I was trying. After about three tries the voice finally gave up and transferred me to an operator and I was able to postpone the flight.

Before all was done, I ended up having a second wisdom tooth pulled which seems to have helped things out but considering that I had some lockjaw from the first pulling, the second one required that I be out cold. I wasn't going to argue, although when the doc used the term "happy juice" to describe what he was going to give me I probably should have been a bit concerned.

The lockjaw stuck around, but it gradually improved. I will say that spending three weeks straight in Rome was wonderful therapy. Jaws cannot remain locked around all of that amazing food.

I never did figure out what happened and the doc said that everything went smoothly. I don't usually react like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the doc told me to do a jaw exercise since my jaw was locked, i gotta hold on to my upper teeth and pull down the bottom teeth like i'm forcing it to open, but only alittlebit at a time.

dude...cut down stream not across radjess331's Avatar
    Redlands, Sanbernardino County, California, United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol I am allergic to motrin and asprin also so they gave me vicadin and amoxocylin ......swelling wore off after the 2 day for me.....but then again i was abd and drank through a straw and got dry sockets lol
    PaRtY hArD rOcK'n RoLl We'Re ThE ClAsS yOu CaN't CoNtRoL ThE gUyZ aRe HoT ThE GiRlS aRe FiNe We'Re ThE ClAsS oF 2009!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12