Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: It is NOT a pregnant man!!!

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sex change operations are more about GENDER IDENTIFICATION than physical parts. If someone's "brain" tells them they are female, they feel female no matter which physical body they are in.

Personally I feel for anyone in that situation. Put yourself in that position and imagine what it is like having to live your life always feeling like you aren't who you should be...

For true transgendered people, this is a rough a life to lead and it's not by choice. Some are far happier dealing with crap society will deal out to them with a sex change operation than to live miserably stuck in a body that doesn't fit their brain's signals.

Some people have empathy for situations unlike their own...and some don't have that capacity.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some people have empathy for situations unlike their own...and some don't have that capacity.
    Ummm.....

No one here is saying that they hate, or even dislike trannies. The only point il basso and I are making is born a woman, always a woman, and vice versa. The media is saying it's a pregnant man, which it clearly is not. Even if you get a sex change and get yourself a manufactured vagina, you still don't have a uterus and all the other attached stuff, nor can you self-lubricate. This individual still has all the female portions needed to create life, which obviously still function fine, ergo, not a man. I can't even see why this liberal touchy feely bullnonsense is coming into play. "Well what about emotions blah blah"...yeah great. Do you have a uterus? Yes? Then you're a woman - period.
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No one here is saying that they hate, or even dislike trannies
    Really? What about this?

Quote Originally Posted by JBOrchid
    Yeah IT was a woman that was in the process of a sex change that got prego.
    Funny, but the last time I checked, referring to a person as "it", a thing, denying their very humanity, is hateful.

The only point il basso and I are making is born a woman, always a woman, and vice versa. The media is saying it's a pregnant man, which it clearly is not. Even if you get a sex change and get yourself a manufactured vagina, you still don't have a uterus and all the other attached stuff, nor can you self-lubricate. This individual still has all the female portions needed to create life, which obviously still function fine, ergo, not a man. I can't even see why this liberal touchy feely bullnonsense is coming into play. "Well what about emotions blah blah"...yeah great. Do you have a uterus? Yes? Then you're a woman - period.
    Did you completely miss my entire point about a female brain in a male body?

Why is the body what defines? The BRAIN is the self, not the body. A body is just a sack of meat.

And, what are you going to say in 10 years, when science has advanced to the point where a sex change is fully functional (ovaries, uterus, even the ability to make children)?

And why is a uterus or ovaries the definition? Is a woman who had her uterus removed no longer female?

Your hypocrisy is showing...
    \"With malleus aforethought, mammals got an earful of their ancestor's jaw.\"
    --J. Burns, on the evolution of auditory ossicles.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    But, Est, we like to over analyze everything!
    :chuckle: To clarify, I'm not trying to discourage discussion on the important issue of gender identity, there've been some great points made in this thread.

On another, pertinent note:
    Memes do not a good argument make. Time and time again I've seen certain people use them in an argument. Frankly, when I see them I generally just skip the post. They're funny in the correct context, but have no place in a frank conversation. What may be amusing when you're posting anonymously, just makes you look foolish when you're trying to appear to be a thinking being with a valid argument.
    Most people wont get it. Most that do will lose respect for you. So for those of you who consider it clever, I submit that you should re-think the results.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokele View Post

And, what are you going to say in 10 years, when science has advanced to the point where a sex change is fully functional (ovaries, uterus, even the ability to make children)?

personally, I'll be happy for them. Everyone deserves to be what they wish and that would be the ultimate success for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokele View Post
    And why is a uterus or ovaries the definition? Is a woman who had her uterus removed no longer female?
    It isn't the ovaries that are in question. When the baby comes out the doctor doesn't need to do an internal probe to declare the sex (except in extreme cases when a baby is born with ambiguous genitalia or partially developed sets from both sexes). They look down there and say "its a boy" or "its a girl".

Quote Originally Posted by phissionkorps View Post
    No one here is saying that they hate, or even dislike trannies. The only point il basso and I are making is born a woman, always a woman, and vice versa.
    well technically I'm not saying that 100%. I have no problem with someone going around as a man that used to be a woman and visa versa...as long as they have gone through the entire procedure. Ok, biologically she/he is still whatever she or he originally was but if they have the right parts then I'm ok with them going by whatever they want. It doesn't bother me.

This whole rant was just because this person is getting far more than 15 minutes of fame while basically lying. You don't get this much media hype without benefiting from it somehow and that is what I object to. You just cannot stop your transition in the middle and call yourself complete therefore it is not a case of a man having a baby. The very fact that a baby had a way out proves that it came from somebody that is still biologically a woman on the most basic of levels.

I do wish her luck in completing her transition. I only wish that the media would stop hyping this quite so much and embellishing it for the sake of headlines.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This event doesn't deserve three pages of some people being accused of being insecure in their manhood while they accuse the others of liberal touchy feely bullnonsense. We're being sold out by our leaders and allow them to distract us into arguing over bogus man gives birth news. It must have been a slow news day during a lull between American Idol episodes and why waste even a second of thought on it?
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It isn't the ovaries that are in question. When the baby comes out the doctor doesn't need to do an internal probe to declare the sex (except in extreme cases when a baby is born with ambiguous genitalia or partially developed sets from both sexes). They look down there and say "its a boy" or "its a girl".
    Why should genitalia trump the brain? If the brain is female or male, that's what the person is, period.

This whole rant was just because this person is getting far more than 15 minutes of fame while basically lying.
    Wrong - they are not lying, they're defining themselves by their mind. That you disagree with it does not make it dishonest.

Mokele
    \"With malleus aforethought, mammals got an earful of their ancestor's jaw.\"
    --J. Burns, on the evolution of auditory ossicles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by herenorthere View Post
    This event doesn't deserve three pages of some people being accused of being insecure in their manhood while they accuse the others of liberal touchy feely bullnonsense.
    I agree. For anything, it's four pages now.

This is my opinion, I think that it's just far too complex for us to understand. Even those of you that think they're right, you're probably still wrong. Heck, all of us can be wrong.Scientists and doctors still don't fully understand the brain and how it controls if your personality of a male or female, so I highly doubt that some of you know. So that's what I think. It's just too complex for us to understand, so we all can't be sure of who's right or wrong.
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6789&dateline=1352508752

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast