Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: It is NOT a pregnant man!!!

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No one here is saying that they hate, or even dislike trannies.
    I didn't accuse anyone of saying that. I only mentioned that there ARE some people who can't feel empathy for others in situations different from their own. I wasn't referring to anyone specifically on this forum. However, if my statement was not true, there would be a lot less hate in this world.

Obviously in this society people who are "different" often get mistreated, made fun of and picked on.

And I agree with the comment about the uterus not defining what is female. There are plenty of women who have their reproductive parts removed for medical reasons and they are none the less female for it. I had half of mine removed because of endometriosis...so I guess I'm only half female...

I actually didn't hear anything about this on the news...only here. So I didn't know it was a big story.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokele View Post
    Why should genitalia trump the brain? If the brain is female or male, that's what the person is, period.
    Since when did brains have gender?

Quote Originally Posted by Mokele View Post
    Wrong - they are not lying, they're defining themselves by their mind. That you disagree with it does not make it dishonest.

Mokele
    Who is to say what is appropriate in terms of defining themselves by their mind? There are many mental disorders, where people are diagnosed because they "define themselves by their mind".

Also last time I checked, gender has always been defined by physical attributes... not feelings or "brain gender".
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like someone has missed the past 50 years of neuroscience research.

There are numerous portions of the brain which, by structure alone, can tell you what gender the brain came from. Possibly even more important, hormones are known to modulate neuronal activity and synaptic connections, so the same neural network can have massively different patterns under the influence of different hormonal conditions.

Who is to say what is appropriate in terms of defining themselves by their mind? There are many mental disorders, where people are diagnosed because they "define themselves by their mind".
    Because the mind, even if diseased, IS the person. Cut it out, and you nothing but a sack of meat.

What makes you truly YOU? Your personality (brain) or your liver? Your memories (brain) or you pancreas? Your intelligence (brain) or your lungs?

In some people, the brain is broken (as any organ can be), but that in no way undermines that the brain makes them who they are, even if that's a crazy person.

Also last time I checked, gender has always been defined by physical attributes... not feelings or "brain gender".
    So, what of people such as my ex, who is extremely androgynous?

Or those born with indeterminate gender?

There is an interesting case that illustrates my point: A young man who, as an infant, lost his ***** during a botched circumcision. In light of this accident, his parents elected to raise him as a girl, never telling him of his origins. They socialized him as a female in every possible way, and it didn't work. He exhibited "male" behavioral traits, ranging from choice of toys and play style to communication style to pretending to shave. Clearly, in spite of his body and how he was raised, his brain had a defined gender, which could not be altered.

Mokele
    \"With malleus aforethought, mammals got an earful of their ancestor's jaw.\"
    --J. Burns, on the evolution of auditory ossicles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Biology becomes more and more baffling the more you learn about it.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are big differences in male and female brains. Any married man will tell you that.

To me this is so simple. A woman that was getting a sex change got pregnant. Just because she has some physical features that look male, Oprah and the media hyped that it was a man to get ratings, and of course it worked.

Nobody but the people in a persons life should care if somebody wants a sex change.

Most of the men that gets sex changes really don't look much like women. I know because I watch Jerry Springer.

What gets me though, is the liberal/conservative BS. Why do the people that have extreme views always resort to blaming everything on liberals or conservatives? It just shows that you're mindless sheep that will believe whatever the politicians that you like want you to believe. Aren't you smart enough to make decisions on your own? Or do you have to believe only what they want you to believe?
    Last edited by Ozzy; 07-05-2008 at 08:40 PM.

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brains do have gender actually. Geez I learned that in psych 30 yrs ago. I'm sure there is more research on that in today.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PlantAKiss View Post
    Brains do have gender actually. Geez I learned that in psych 30 yrs ago. I'm sure there is more research on that in today.
    Yes there are anatomical differences, such as the number of connectors from the left side to the right side of the brain and surely the use of different brain departments. However brains do not have gonads...

One doesn't hook up a baby to a brain monitor and analyze the usage of different brain areas to determine if the baby is male or female. This is absurd.
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outsiders71 View Post
    However brains do not have gonads...
    Quote Originally Posted by Outsiders71 View Post
    This is absurd.
    It's not, by a long shot. It's already been well established that genitalia is not a solid indicator of gender/sex. It may have been for thousands of years, but that, like many other "traditions" is arcane. When the division between male and female was originally "decided" it was based on simple observation, since there was neither the technology nor the understanding of biochemistry/hormones.

As we become more educated, things become more clear (complicated) which is why I suggested in the beginning of this conversation about the split difference between sex and gender. You may have the genitalia that is most closely related to a man, a woman, or even both; but you can also be wired up to mentally associate with a man, a woman, or even both.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast