What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is the new Joker supposed to be a wino?

• Thread starter swords
  • Start date
I've been seeing the ads for the new Batman movie and it looks like they have the Joker living as a dumpster diving wino or a junky. It's an interesting look but is that what he's supposed to be in this movie? I don't read comics at all so I don't know the Dark Knight storyline.

To my understanding, he's supposed to be completely psychotic. Like he'll randomly twitch and stuff.

Random twitches? I guess that makes him a jibtek, not a wino!

I like that his makeup and hair is all screwed up -it makes him seem more "modern". The shot of him driving the cop car looks like he's high on something or drunk. Too bad the Batman didn't get a darker more modernized look as well.
The villains are always the best things about superheros anyway! :)

i want to see this move so incredibly bad its not even funny.

anyways. i also love the new look of the joker. much better than the clean cut Jack Nicholson version. the joker was meant to be psychotic. so let him look that way.

several of the superheros have more moderized appearences. Iron Man, Hulk and Sonic the Hedgehog (Catwoman too...but shes not a hero) are among those. Batman is modernized in his gadgets i guess. him and superman would be kind of difficult to physically modernize though.

Alex

i guess you could make bat man a rich goth kid... who lost his parents and is still crying about it today...

i guess you could make bat man a rich goth kid... who lost his parents and is still crying about it today...

:-D :-D :-D

I always thought the Bat was a bit creepy, an older man in a rubber suit running around with a kid in tight bicycle shorts...

Apparently, those who've seen it have said that this Joker is even better than Jack Nicholson's portrayal.

I heard that Michael Caine had never met Heath Ledger nor seen any of his prior scenes with the Joker. During the filming, when the Joker walked in, Michael freaking Caine was so freaked out he forgot his lines.

Back