What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soon to be Monarch Butterfly :)

Neat :D. I like your new VFT avatar :p.

You could have stated a butterfly farm if you found another queen, like im doing with my monarchs

Neat :D. I like your new VFT avatar :p.

I have three more caterpillars (different species) that will hopefully do the same
:)

i hope you have a bunch of butterfly friendly plants for that thing to suck on. :-D

We have huge fennel plants on the side of my house so every year we get swallowtail caterpillars. I've only seen one so far this year but when I was watering a couple days ago I saw a swallowtail flying around the fennel so hopefully it laid eggs and there will be more soon.

So this was kind of disturbing. I have three Swallowtail catterpillars and yesterday one was eating the other one! He ate it's head right off. I have plenty of leaves in there for them to eat (the kind I found them on, so it's definetly the right kind, I've seen them eat it). So what was that all about?? Now there is a half eaten caterpillar dead in there :(

Back