Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dell Customer Service

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Capslock View Post
    I had literally years taken off my life from the stress of dealing with Dell tech support.

They refused. I got angry.

after 17 service calls (I counted them, it literally was this much, though a Dell rep took the opportunity to dispute me on that),

But this was a couple weeks in, and more frustration and stupidity than I could ever accurately describe here.

Now I don't care if they have changed their policies. They were uniformly rude, unreasonable, and even though I don't have a temper, they weren't even sympathetic. I will never, EVER buy a Dell again. EVER. EVER!!! I recommend nobody else does either.

Capslock
    Max, you hit the nail on the head. I seriously can't describe accurately all the trouble they put me through. I was on the phone for almost an hour and a half today, most of which I was on hold listening to a stupid song that elicits a Pavlovian kill response in me now. From what I understand, this is nothing compared to what some people like yourself have had to endure, so I can only imagine how angry you were.

As for a change of policies, you must be referring to the software policy, because their customer service is worse than ever.

Daniel
    - Daniel

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I waited a couple of hours, but in the end got what I wanted. I WAS frustrated, I just held it back. I've never been hung up on; I'm sure it was an accident. I've accidentally hung up before, and they called ME!

I did have a guy want to argue with me about what an LCD screen is supposed to look like. I am not stupid, and an LCD screen should not look like it has glitter stuck in it. It shouldn't look worse than a 10 year old SDTV. I asked for someone on second tier and then it was problem free.

I did a clean OS installation before doing anything. I had read that have a lot of crap you don't need or want.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    I've never been hung up on; I'm sure it was an accident.
    An accident is when it happens once or twice. 6 times in a row is not an accident.
    - Daniel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nepenthes View Post
    Has anyone else had to deal with Dell?
    I try not to think about it. After the misery Dell's "customer service" put me though, I've moved on to other brands and will never never NEVER buy another Dell anything. EVER!

That said, I still have my old Dell Inspiron 9100 laptop -- using it right now, as a matter of fact. Will probably keep it as long as I can find non-Dell parts to replace the parts that fizzle out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh Dell, lol.

I love when someone picks up with an accent so thick I can barely understand them, and tells me their name is Bryan, or Joe or something like that haha.

Every time I call I have to wait for at least 45 mins to speak to someone, then they tell me to do things that I know aren't related. Usually I'll call with a problem that I know the exact cause of, I just need a solution. I don't like them telling me to do totally unrelated things and wasting my time when I know there's no point.

I have an Inspiron 1520 right now, and its great except that it crashed within 2 days of getting it, and sometimes the clock randomly sets itself back 2 hours even though I reflashed the bios in an attempt to fix it. I'm about to get a Dell tablet PC because med school is forcing it on me. Hopefully it will be at least semi problem free.
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Carnivorous plant enthusiast vraev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me give some experience with DEll myself. I got my Inspiron 9300 maxed out 3 yrs ago now. I extended my 1 yr warranty to 3 yrs total. In the time I have had my HD replaced 2 times, my LCD once, my motherboard once, my battery once and.recently my keyboard twice (once each yr)....hmm...I think thats all. At the time I bought my lappy dell was the leader of laptops with the best affordable powerful laptops with good video cards. However, now I wouldn't bother with dell anymore. Yeah....they do use their Indian call centers a lot...but I guess its better to call them during the night time. I found that calling at night means the que (wrong sp. ) times are shorter. The one thing I am satisfied is the free shipping of replacements with UPS with prompt immediate delivery.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have owned multiple Dell's for many years. Based on many experiences, here is my recommendation:

- purchase their 'Gold' tech support (I think that's what they call it now). It was 'guaranteed' to have a US-based tech answer the phone when I got it. This service came standard on my existing 'workstation' computer a few years back. Today, it's an option available for a fairly small premium. If you do not purchase this service - do not buy a Dell. With this service - Dell is still worthwhile (mostly based on the fact that almost all of the other companies stink). Of the dozens of Tech's I've had with this service - close to 100% have been very good.

I purchased a computer for my Dad and had to deal multiple times w/ their offshore customer service - wow! Eventually I read about asking for US-based rep on a message board. Nope - they're on to that. You will get transferred to a bogus extension or simply disconnected. From what I've seen, they have all of their bases covered. If they sense the call is going bad, they will find a way to disconnect or transfer you so they do not get hammered for bad service. If the call goes well, they will ask that you speak to their supervisor to confirm that you are happy (it must be a rare occurrence). While I have dealt with other company's Indian-based support, Dell must hire their rejects as Dell's offshore service is the worst of all...
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12