User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Possible new items at flytrapshop.com... Are you interested?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I would be interested but the prices certainly are on the steep side (damn, it feels like we're paying with pesos lately). Is there any way around it? Say, if several titles were purchased at the same time -- so that only one kidney would be removed and some healing could begin? There was another title by the same author listed on the Red Fern site, Carnivorous Plants of the World which appeals more to me than the Glistening Carnivores or the Lost Worlds book. Any notion about a release date on that one?
    “Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

-- Galileo "Biff" Galilei

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you sure that wasn't by James and Patricia Pietropaolo?

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...A240_SH20_.jpg

If so, it's so outdated it's not funny, and endorses poaching :P And it SUCKS if you like pictures.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Are you sure that wasn't by James and Patricia Pietropaolo?

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...A240_SH20_.jpg

If so, it's so outdated it's not funny, and endorses poaching :P And it SUCKS if you like pictures.
    No, no, not that old book. On the Red Fern site, McPherson is releasing a book with that very same title, along with the sundew book and the tepuis . . .

http://www.redfernnaturalhistory.com/books

Andrew,

I would be interested in unusual highland / intermediate Nepenthes, Heliamphora -- species which are not all that common in cultivation and would never be found at Lowe's. Those interested in growing them will happily pay for a good product . . .
    “Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, OK. I didn't know you could do that lol.

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Clint- running a TC lab would be nice. If me, my wife, and 2 kids didn't live in a 800sq ft apartment... Just don't have the room. Thanks though!

BigBella- remember that I live in Arizona. My greenhouse gets over 100 every day with a cooler running on high all day. There is no way I could grow highland neps (or most picky intermediates probably) or Heli (I have 2 barely hanging on right now) I'll continue on my efforts to expand... but with space (and time ...remember that this is only my side job, I also have a full time job and care for my kids (no baby sitter, my wife and I work oposite schedules....) ) against me it's not so easy.
    Andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's it leave your jobs and move up north then. Growing in desert really cuts down on what you can grow and people always want a selection. But like I said I'm looking for some more Petiolaris complex so that's money there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, I didn't realize where you were. I am currently in fog-shrouded and self-immolating California. How about some interesting lowland Nepenthes then (heh, heh,heh)?

When asking people what they are interested in, I think it is more often the quality of the plants in question than the partiicular species. I have had endless issues in the past with companies (I will not name names, no lawyers please ) who have no compunction whatsoever about sending out material on the verge of death just to make a sale . . .

As an illustration, and an example of what no one wishes to see, is a Nepenthes villosa I received in 2007 (just out of the box and at no small cost) and its much-belated recovery now. " It was Prognosis: Negative last Summer. I did receive a refund though, so this one turned out to be a "freebie" . . .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i say seeds, i would buy seeds of anything really

even if there capensis

my favorite thing is watching a plant that you planted from a seed grow-plus you dont have really have to take care of seeds(besides storage and temps and moisture)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast