Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: check this out!

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    with some of his promises they believe they will get the upper hand.
    What?? Upper hand? What does that mean? If we have a black President, the black race will be able to "take over the world"?
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    okay I wasn't debating over calling someone "mixed" over "biracial" I just meant you shouldnt assume that whatever person would rather go by a single race description. some people enjoy their mixed heritage and dont want to be identified as a single one way or the other. mixed is I guess just an insensitive way of saying it and I agree on that. thats just a matter of whether someone is socially aware enough to realize its just kind of... a crude way of putting it,

I guess I was just speaking on a different note and not the actual clarification of how to phrase it.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, then I'm glad we agree on that. I know some people ID with both, but most tend to ID with one over the other.

Not that it matters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yup that was just a misundertsanding of what the issue was

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PlantAKiss View Post
    [QUOTE] Because racial comments are only made about non-whites.
    I disagree with that. The word "cracker" comes to mind, which is what "non-white" people call white people when they're trying to be mean.
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know, "cracker" and "honkey" and "White Devil" just don't carry the same "oomph" as other slurs :P

I think she as being sarcastic

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First of all I hate being politically correct. That is one of the things wrong these day. No one is trying to offend the other. No matter how you put it, interracial or mixed it means the same thing.

And I am just telling you that some people are just voting for him because he is black and no other reason because they believe his policies would do more to benefit them. I am sorry, but fair is fair. Neither person should get the upper hand when everything else is equal.

I am sorry I have been in many reverse discrimination events. I went to an all black high school where I was one of 9 white students int he place. I have also been singled out because of my truck since I had a car club sticker on the back of it. So don't tell me that is doesn't exist.

Al Sharpton I truly despise the man. One of the masters of the continued racial divide. If there wasn't a black on white or white on black argument around something he would turn it into it. Him and Jesse Jackson do everything they can to fuel the racial fire. If you ask them Every black American is repressed and has no chance in America. If that is the case then what is Obama and C. Rice? What about Colon Powell?

Clint the reason Cracker and other derogatory things blacks call white do not have as much impact because white don't go making a big deal about it. So this leaves us with Black being able to make racial comments (Even if not meant as such), but God forbid a white make that same kind of comment and he is labeled as a racist. If things are truly to be fair this type of stuff would not happen. I am tired of seeing the double standard there.

You want me to vote for a Black man give me one worth voting for. I would vote Colon Powell. Heck you want me to vote for a woman? I would vote for C. Rice. that covers two birds with one stone, a black woman. Because AT THIS POINT I think they would be good. Just as with Obama I thought they would be good. Here is my thread Would you vote Obama in 08 I liked him in the beginning, but now I don't think he is good.

Just a little FYI for those who think I am still a racist, because I know you're out there, My Doctor whom I just went to see today is a black man and I like him better than my last Dr. That is why I switched.

And another FYI, Just because you disagree with me here and even if it gets heated and emotionally charged, I do not take it personally and I am still friends with everyone. You do not have to have the same opinions than I to be friends. Clint I am going to pick on you a little bit. You and I have very very different views on some things, but I still consider you a good friend. that goes for all my other friends here. Just because we disagree in this type of situation doesn't mean I dislike you as a friend. We just have a difference of opinions, and can agree to disagree without it affecting friendships I hope.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The reason cracker doesn't carry as much weight is that the US doesn't have a tradition of blacks enslaving generations of whites and then oppressing and sometimes killing them afterwards and then just discriminating against them for a while.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast