Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: check this out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "First of all I hate being politically correct. That is one of the things wrong these day. No one is trying to offend the other. No matter how you put it, interracial or mixed it means the same thing." <--- you can get away with saying mixed and its okay, its just impolite.. theres nothign really wrong with it, its your perogative if you want to say it over biracial, no one should complain on that its wrong, its just alittle less... as i said polite. You dont HAVE to be polite, haha you may even disagree that its impolite and thats totally cool, its really not that big of a deal.

"I am just telling you that some people are just voting for him because he is black and no other reason because they believe his policies would do more to benefit them. I am sorry, but fair is fair. Neither person should get the upper hand when everything else is equal."<--- that is unfair and is really ignorant and thats the kind of voting we need to fix, but thats okay you dont think people were voting for hillary becuase she was a woman? you dont think people were voting against her becuase she was a woman, you dont think people arent specifically voting against obama because he's black? I'm sure people are voting for him since he's black, and I'm sure people vote against mccain becuase he's old and white, and people vote for him becuase he's old and white. All of those people are stupid and misguided and that sucks, we need to educate people more so they can vote with an educated decision unfortunately we are plagued with morons in our country and around the world.
    The only way to beat that is just not to participate in that type of thinking, and rise above that all together and help other people do the same.

not voting for obama becuase others vote for him specifically for him being black is just a waste of a potentially intelligent vote in my opinion and we need all of them we can get.

I'm sure no one here would consider you a racist, thats a bold and serious accusation and one I personally think if its given out wrongly deserves an *****whooping. with that in mind however, just becuase you went to a divserse highschool or had a black doctor that you liked over a white doctor doesnt mean your not racist, there IS a certain amount of prejudice in what your saying, but its only becuase your reacting the same way in which you voice so much distaste with, I mean think about it, you speak of the double standard with the slurs being less effective towards whites and how ridiculous that is and that is understandable and I agree, however your saying that you were discriminated against in your highschool and that is altering your feelings and your opinions on the subject, yet thats exactly what the african americans and other minorities are saying.

Thats exactly what we need to rise above, yes there are stupid people who mistreat people based upon things like race, but that doesn't mean its okay to try and balance that out by doing the opposite soley becuase of the mistreatment. its not about getting even or bringing those ignorant people down. its about making the intelligent decision and educating people to stop future mistreatment.

its a good thing becuase I liked talking to you guys both JB and Clint, so phew on that note, politics can get personal I just would hate to have that happen here with people I like to talk to

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me start of by saying that you're not a racist, but I hope you can see how you are sounding insensitive. Regardless of whether not not you're (not YOU, I mean anyone in generel) trying to offend anyone, when you don't think about what you write and say it DOES offend. That is why we have political correctness. If not, why not take it one step further and say "hybrids"? After all, it means the same thing. From a scientific perspective when considering species and subspecies/etc, that may be acceptable, but not socially. We disagree on several things, but not on the few issues that I take personally so there has never been a problem.

Cracker is not offensive not because we don't make a big deal about it. It's not offensive because we haven't gone through what AA's went through. It means nothing to us. We don't feel the pain that they do. It's like saying "******". Most straight people wouldn't get pissed if I called them "breeders" (not that I would, but that is a real slur.) It doesn't mean anything to them because they haven't ever gone through what gay people do. This is pretty much the sexual equivalent of the N word. What the AA's went through FAR surpasses what the gay community is going through, but I frequently use it as an example in discussions like this because it parallels so well.

Look at what you said. "You want me to vote for a black man give me one worth voting for." Even if you didn't MEAN this to sound racist, it sounds absolutely terrible. It implies that the majority of Black men wouldn't be worth your vote. You should have said something along the lines of "I would vote for Colin Powell, or Condoleezza Rice, but I no longer believe that Obama merits my vote." Can you see the huge difference? You said the same thing, but one makes you look like you're getting ready for a clan meeting, and the other isn't offensive at all.

Talking about balancing out the opposite... here's a funny story. My grandmother would always vote for the other candidate just to "cancel out" my grandfather's vote and piss him off :P

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And there are not many people left alive that have been through slavery. That is a bunch of BS too. I can understand if they were slaves themselves. A lot of the young black people are still using that same excuse. I have no control over what the whites of the past did and do not believe I oppress anyone. So they need to get over it and just learn from the past. Many of the white folks alive today had nothing to do with slavery. And Blacks are not going through oppression. Maybe perceived oppression if they choose to not apply themselves. Regardless of what you say. I have seen where in a lot of situations being black is a big advantage to some folks. Granted not all, but some.

Cmm I would not consider my high school to be diverse. Diverse in my opinion would be a general mix and not one stacked like it was. I would love to see things equal, but the way I see it the blame lays on both sides of the fence for things not being truly equal. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are prime exampled always playing the race card and fueling the fire every chance they get. Also with the notion of black schools and black churches. You cannot have equality when you continue to choose to segregate yourself.

Look at what you said. "You want me to vote for a black man give me one worth voting for." Even if you didn't MEAN this to sound racist, it sounds absolutely terrible. It implies that the majority of Black men wouldn't be worth your vote.
    You can take my comment the way you want to, but that is really whoever reads it problem. I stated the obvious I don't think Obama is worth my vote. You read into to the racial overtones and made it sound bad. People try to read into my comments and you cannot do that. I never said the majority of black men are not worth my vote. You read into that. That may be the case, but the same is also true about the majority of the white people would also not be worth my vote.

I know I do not always express my words in a way that is all fruity and loving. I am more worried about getting my thoughts across, and when I am in class I type and go. I do not reread them. I don't always reread them at home either. I think being PC sucks because not every situation needs kid gloves.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fruity and loving? What the hell is that supposed to mean?

Kidding :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i started a complicated thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why the sad face? No one is is even getting pissed off yet. No one.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah Upper it is a decent debate. What other way to get to know your friends? Now if it were arguing and slander being thrown around I might agree with you.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Cmm I would not consider my high school to be diverse. Diverse in my opinion would be a general mix and not one stacked like it was. I would love to see things equal, but the way I see it the blame lays on both sides of the fence for things not being truly equal. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are prime exampled always playing the race card and fueling the fire every chance they get. Also with the notion of black schools and black churches. You cannot have equality when you continue to choose to segregate yourself" <--- By definition of diverse i guess you can say your school isnt but that wasn't the important part of what I was talking about it was just my way of saying that white wasn't the majority and I thought that was understood, no tehcnically your school wouldnt be diverse but thats not anyones fault, thats just the schools boundaries and where people tend to live... theres no real problem there. if you wanted bad enough to aviod the lack of of "diversity" and equality of race in your school I guess you could have moved and transferred and said you didnt like being the minority, but we can't make all school equal. and that shouldnt be a problem becuase it shouldnt be important whether 95% is black or white becuase people need to get over that, thats the whole point. race is unimportant.

"Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are prime exampled always playing the race card and fueling the fire every chance they get. Also with the notion of black schools and black churches. You cannot have equality when you continue to choose to segregate yourself."<----I agree they did alot in their time when it was a valid issue and now I think they do fuel situations where its unnecessary. so I agree with you here. and that black schools and black churches are strange there is a lack of equality there. are there actual rules about HAVING to be black in order to attend both of those? or is it just that its always been 99% african americans? I'm curious....

and as posted in my previous thread I do agree with the notion of using the slavery history as being anything more than history and something we need to take note of for educational purposes and as a refernce for the beginning of our country and our civil rights, it shouldnt come into play with our everyday lives anymore....

I dont really have much to fight with with your post

but as far as the PC thing goes... no one said being PC is a rule, but you can see why it sucks that you'd be rude with your terminology. it doesn't make you racist it just makes you an insensitive ***** in most cases... which is totally your deal if thats what you want to be, no one says you cant cuss at every moment of every day and with anyone you want its just generally frowned upon...

not in your direction, really.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast