Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: check this out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JB_OrchidGuy View Post
    You want me to vote for a Black man give me one worth voting for.
    I would have said the same thing and said it just the way Josh said it, and I'm not racist either. I would say the same thing about John Kerry and he's white! I would also vote for C. Rice actually!
    Last edited by xvart; 07-11-2008 at 04:35 PM. Reason: fixed quote
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NO there are no rules requiring you to be black to go, it's just tradition. You can't do that... you know that.

He should have said "You want me to vote for someone? Give me someone that's worth voting for." Even adding "The same goes for white people." would have been fine, but he didn't add that.

Talking about how slavery is over and doesn't affect anyone... well you're half right. It is over, but AA's are still feeling it's effects. Why do you that that statistically they have less money and lower education? They were screwed over BIGTIME while white people had generations to accumulate family wealth, and generations to further their education which increased the likelihood that their children would have a better education and earn more money. Meanwhile, AA's weren't allowed to learn how to read. Don't tell me black people aren't suffering from the effects of slavery today. Why do you think that statistically they have more gangs/gang members and higher crime rates that white people? It's because they statistically have lower education and less money, which leads them to live in rough neighborhoods. There would be no inequality now if there wasn't then.

Our wealth was built on their labor. THAT"S what's not fair.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There you go with that same Mindset though Clint. The reality is if people expect me to vote for someone because he/she is black they have to be worth voting for because I look at their stance and not their color. Currently I plan on voting for the lessor of two evils that has a chance of winning.

I will agree that neither candidate satisfies me completely. Congress itself sucks ESPECIALLY since Pilosi took over.

CMM I can be an butt sometimes. Especially when I am trying to make a point. And also because I think that being PC has made a bunch in people who cannot take criticism very well. Because we are always trying not to hurt someones feelings when it does it is over exaggerated because they think they should never be offended. George Carlin Said it best.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wealth was not built on their labor, I'm not saying past generations of my family werent affected by slavery in some way or another. But I dont believe that my past generations of my family have direct links to my personal success today. we have had public school systems for all races for a very long time, the literacy rate isn't differnet between african americans and whites is it? I'm fairly confident that todays generation all have equal shots so long as they put forth that effort,

if you can explain to me how african american kids and teens as of today are somehow prevented or hindered from attaining everything that todays white children and teens are I might better understand your point.

I understand how family wealth may come into play as far as getting into certain schools. but there are public schools everywhere however. now I understand that schools in certain areas may be providing less of an education or have more of a correlation with gang's and everything but that is not a result of slavery, that is a result of our countries inability to provide equal schooling everywhere within our borders... its not about providing government funding towards african americans due to slavery its about providing government funding to poor school systems to allow students the ability to recieve equal educations everywhere they may be.

ya know?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would certainly not vote for him for many reasoms ....some already said.
    I don't have the right to vote anyway....not an american...so i'm just going to sit back and watch you guys destroying your country!.....but i know you're not going to let that happen, right?!
    Best regards,
    Marius

My Website: http://droseragemmae.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not anyone's individual wealth. Not today. In general, a cumulative effect. Don't believe it? Do you really not thing that AA's are at a disadvantage because they typically have less money? Less money means a worse neighborhood, worse neighborhood means a more likely chance that they'll get involved with crime and stop caring. It perpetuates the cycle of disadvantage.

Let's thing of it this way. There's an apple on a tree, and a black person and white person can both reach for it. They're the same height. The difference is that the white person gets a stool to stand on because he inherited it from 200 years ago.

If you don't believe me, then YOU explain the vast socioeconomic differences between the two races. Please. I'm all ears to hear you tell me why this is so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what is causing them to have less money...? do they have less oppertunity? do they have less schooling?

is it purely the neighborhood? becuase I dont think slavery is making that neighborhood bad, say it did at one point. shouldnt we have fixed that? do you think the way to fix that is by promoting purely the african american demographic and giving them funds? or is it fixing the neighborhood itself and creating a better school system?

gotta go unfortunately its cutting my post short.
    Sorry bro's and gals

I think there are more social problems than anything, theres a psychological difference between the 2 demographics I think thats more of a problem right now.

maybe its all the rap music and video games and all the preconcieved idea's that people think african americans are going to fit into?

no I'm not saying that african americans only listen to rap... its just an example.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They have less money because they have lower education. This is because of the disadvantages they are faced with stemming from slavery. They weren't allowed to read for a long time. They also had to attend second-class schools for a long time. Whites didn't.

Bad neighborhoods are a product of poverty. They didn't have hundreds of years to accumulate wealth and education. They are disadvantaged. We fix it by investing money into education programs, urban outreach programs, giving teachers raises, and pouring a LOT more money into the public school system for the benefit of EVERYONE, not just minorities. The dropout rate is disheartening. I would support a program that trades a year of military/peace corps service for a free public undergraduate education. I support affirmative action.

You never answers my question. You disagree with me, and that's fine, but you tell me why there is such a great statistical difference.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast