What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found in the bee balm

Adam

Sarracenia Collector
Today i was outback, and saw the beebalm, and found a monarch caterpillar! I put it in a blank cd case( the hundred packs u buy at walmart & best buy) and look at it
2n8aqdg.jpg

Unfortuantely, tommorrow i leave for vacation, i hope it doesnt make a christylis(sp?) by then

Uh... bump

Those are cool. Are you releasing it before you go? It probably won't survive very long in that box.

It was a CD case, but i made a small jar( i caught 4 overall) and put milkweed stems in water... ill have to replace it before we go though, they go through a leaf every 5 minutes!

How long are you going away for? Make sure they don't die.

im back.. and they all christilasied( terrible spelling) but theyre looking great

I remember when I was like 3 I got a bunch of catterpillar eggs and watched them grow up into butterflies, but I was sad when we had to set them free. Any pics of the cucoon things?

Not yet... ill take them when i transfer, but my net wont me in till sunday

Cool! My guy emerged about an hour ago, but I missed it :-( I have a pic in my thread.

I saw it... theyre all in a small cage but i hope they dont hatch till i get bigger cause its cramped... i dont want them to hatch into frass

Back