What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

i love garage sales

• Thread starter rattler
  • Start date
you have to wade through lots of junk but every once in awhile yah find a gold nugget..........i found this for $50....

IMG_0393.jpg

IMG_0395.jpg

IMG_0394.jpg

IMG_0396.jpg

IMG_0397.jpg

been wanting to buy a smoker, infact one just like this one, couldnt figure out how i was going to talk the wife into letting me spend a few hundred bucks on one.......now i dont have to :D

Nice! I love smokers... my neighbor has one. Very tasty stuff comes out of that!

Nice find! If it was a Smoking Pit, I'd be a little concerned; but a Smoke'n Pit? Nice. Now you should just convince you wife that since you saved $150+ you should get half of that to spend on whatever you want.

xvart.

You didn't get it for $25? Pppfft... novice garage sale'rs. ;)

You'll be able to make a lot of smoked tofu in that.

tofu......right..........the wife was looking at it and asked when im going to smoke a turkey for her.......i was looking at it and thinking i could darn near do a whole elk shoulder :D

Now that is a good garage sale find! I love smoking fish like salmon and trout. MMMMM! Nice looking grill there - wish you lived closer!

Capslock

if i had that, i could hide that carcass i have in my garage :0o:

Caps.....yeah told the wife im going to quit fishing for walleye for awhile and troll deep for salmon and lake trout up at the reservoir to smoke :D

You didn't get it for $25? Pppfft... novice garage sale'rs. ;)

:-D LOL!! Aint that the truth.. I would have said hey i got $35. and waved the cash a few times then walked around looking at stuff and once more waved that cash again under there noses and said ok well i saw one at another sale im gona go back and pay that gal for it since ya dont want my money and then see what the response is.. Gota know how to wheel and deal at them garage sales.. LOL!! :-))

Nice find there rattler, now wheres my smoked salmon?? :blush: My little bro just got himself a boat load guess i will go and get some from him.....:p

i like tofu forget u guys ???

someone else was looking it over so i grabbed it while i could for the same price of what a lil smoker would have cost me....this is also an older model made with thicker steel than the newer ones......$50 was cheap enough for me :D

Some people are more into the game than into the prize. They'd rather try to get something they want for a ridiculously low price and walk away empty-handed than to just pay a good price. I used to have a roommate like that and it drove the rest of us crazy.

Nice find,for the price you can't beat it!If you don't have one already,get a good digital thermometer for smoking poultry and other big cuts of meat.

unfortunatly the local hardware store doesnt have everything i need and the wife wanted smoked beef for supper tonight so after much reading on a smoking forum, i improvised some mods to the smoker, am using briquettes instead of lump charcoal.....didnt have any smoking wood but had these pellets to use...am using a basic analog oven thermometer to watch the temps in the smoker and the meat temp.....having a hell of a time holding 250ish but it smells good so far....the store didnt have anny "smoking" cuts of meat that had a decent amount of fat so we grabbed a lean oven roast, seasoned the hell out of it and wrapped it in bacon to add fat and help keep it moist.....been smoking for about 3 hours now, going to give it about another hour, pull it out, wrap it in foil and throw it back on.....ive got a list of stuff to pick up while im out of town next weekend to make this easier........

So when is dinner?? Man that looks good!!

Way to go on the find Rattler!

Mmmmmm....man, that's making me hungry.

Good for you, rattler!

I HAD a vertical smoker, but I just moved to Ft. Worth yesterday, and its city ordinance that you can't grill from your apartment balcony :'(. I gave the smoker to my dad, so at least I can still visit it on holidays :)

here it is out of the foil after settling for a half hour
IMG_039.jpg

and sliced to check it out
IMG_0412.jpg

comments:
not quite as tender as i was expecting, think most of this has to do with the crappy roast but could be cause my crappy temp control, the wife didnt season it enough however the gravy made from the juice in the foil is outstanding! actually would have to classify it as some of the best ive had..

next time im going to season the roast instead of letting my wife do it...

Back